Licensing and Guidelines
Using the HD Voice+ logo
The GMSA HD Voice and HD Voice+ logo licensing program enables a uniform industry message on the enhanced voice quality of terminals and networks featuring super-wideband voice communication. HD Voice and HD Voice+ offers twice the audio frequency bandwidth of HD Voice and HD Voice+, made possible through the use of 3GPP’s Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) codec. Improved voice quality, better resiliency to adverse network conditions, better intelligibility, and improved network capacity can be expected with the new system. GSMA HD Voice+ licensing program requires compliance to minimum performance requirements, including proper interoperability with existing HD Voice and HD Voice+ systems.
Using HD Voice logo
The HD Voice logo is a universally recognised symbols that identifies HD voice-enabled services and devices, across both mobile and fixed networks, including:
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with GSM/UMTS;
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with CDMA2000;
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with LTE;
- Fixed terminals with support of CAT-iq; and
- Companies that provide complementing services, e.g. testing.
Step 1: Find out more about becoming a licensee
Many operators and network vendors are already using the logo to promote their crystal-clear HD Voice and HD Voice+ service. To find out more about using the logo and becoming a licensee, go to HD Voice + logo usage guidelines and FAQs
NB. Your organisation does not need to be a member of the GSMA, to sign either the HD Voice+ Logo or Marketing License agreement.
Step 2: Select the relevant license agreement
To use the HD Voice and HD Voice+ logo, please review the relevant minimum requirements.
The HD Voice and HD Voice+ logo (self) certification of a mobile network, mobile phone or DECT phone can be made considering the respective minimum requirements captured in the latest HD voice technical annex versions:
- HD voice annex C minimum requirements with GSM/UMTS – November 2013;
- HD voice annex D minimum requirements with CDMA2000 – November 2013;
- HD voice annex E minimum requirements with DECT – May 2013;
- HD voice annex F minimum requirements with LTE – April 2014;
- HD voice annex G minimum requirements with Headset – March 2017;
- HD voice+ annex H minimum requirements with LTE – March 2017.
- If your organisation meets the requirements, please download and sign the HD voice license agreement.
- If your organisation would like to use the logo for marketing complementary services, e.g. testing, please download and sign the marketing only – HD voice license agreement.
Step 3: Sign and return the license agreement
Please return the signed license agreement to our corporate counsel. On receipt of the signed soft copy of the license agreement, the logo artwork files will be emailed to you.