Representing mobile operators worldwide and companies from the broader mobile ecosystem, the GSMA exists to identify and create opportunities for future growth for our members.
Use of GSM SECURITY Algorithms
GSM Security Algorithms are used to provide authentication and radio link privacy to users on a GSM network. Network operator members are provided with written authorisation to use the following algorithms when they join the GSMA:
- Example A3/A8 algorithm COMP128-2
- Example A3/A8 algorithm COMP128-3
- Encryption algorithm A5/1
Working Groups and Projects – Drive the discussions and the decisions
GSMA-facilitated programmes, projects and working groups enable members to work together in a structured and efficient way towards a common goal. Full members shape and influence the decisions made in the GSMA-run working groups, which help drive the broader mobile industry’s direction. Many GSMA programmes, such as the Rich Communications Ecosystem, Mobile Advertising, Spectrum, NFC and Embedded Mobile , are playing a fundamental role in the development of the mobile industry.
Attend the CEO-level Leadership Summit
Members are entitled to a place at the GSMA’s Leadership Summit which takes place at the GSMA Mobile World Congress each year. The CEOs of all of the GSMA’s mobile operator members and associate member organisations are invited to the Leadership Summit.
Participate in Regional Interest Groups
Members can attend GSMA Regional Interest Group meetings (North America, Latam and Asia-Pac) to discuss, develop and co-ordinate responses to regional issues of common concern, as well as to network with senior representatives from mobile operator and vendors in that region.
Delve into the Member Database – InfoCentre2
Members have access to the GSMA extranet, InfoCentre2. This rich database includes a directory of 18,500 mobile operator and vendor contacts (Note that 1:1 contact is allowed, but blanket emailing of contacts is not allowed). InfoCentre2 also provides access to both current and historic programme and project documentation.
Take Advantage of Marketing Opportunities
Member Press Releases and Member White Papers can be published on this website which sees more than 5.2 million page views per month. Members’ press releases can also be included in the GSMA’s monthly membership newsletter.
Discounts on World-Leading Events
Members are entitled to a 3% discount on exhibition space at the GSMA Mobile World Congress – the world’s leading mobile industry event, attended by approximately 60,000 people. Members also receive a 30% discount on delegate passes for GSMA events.
Discounts on GSMA Intelligence
Members also receive a discount on the services provided by GSMA Intelligence, the definitive source of mobile operator data, analysis and forecasts – the most accurate and complete set of industry metrics available.
Who is eligible?
Only companies with a license to operate a mobile network using a GSM family technology can qualify to be a full member of the GSMA.
Please return a completed application form together with the following documentation:
- A copy of the licence to operate a public commercial GSM network including all annexes in the original language;
- A copy of the frequency allocation from your regulator stating the frequency ranges in MHz, e.g. 890-915MHz, 935-960MHz;
- If English is not the original language of the licence, please submit an official English translation of the licence and the frequency allocation which has been certified by a public notary or equivalent;
- If the licence does not specify that your company is authorized to operate a commercial GSM Family network, please provide documentation to show that your company will operate a system using GSM technology (e.g. evidence that your company have commissioned GSM equipment from a supplier)
The Member Services Team will then contact you with further information and/or instructions on how to proceed. For Full Membership pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.