With the objective of ‘Extending mobile beyond the grid’, the Green Power for Mobile (GPM) programme has been partnering with a wide range of organisations for the past 5 years. One core partner is the programme’s sponsor, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in partnership with Government of Netherlands (See Financing for further details).
We engage with six types of industry stakeholder partners:
- Mobile Network Operators (MNO)
- Tower Companies and Infrastructure providers
- Government & Regulators
- Vendors and Energy service providers
- Financial institutions and investors
- Consulting companies and academics
Through direct & in direct engagements, the GPM programme ensures closer relations with industry stakeholders to strengthen these partnerships. We convene at Working Groups at both a regional level (Asia and Africa) as well as in some cases, country level (Nigeria, Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan-Afghanistan). This gives us a unique platform to assist the industry with making direct engagements, not only with the programme but with other potential partners as well.
The Green Power for Mobile programme is always looking to expand its network and open for other potential partnerships that will help towards achieve our goal of global impact through green power deployments in the mobile telecom industry.
Some key highlights on Industry Partnership:
- Conducted 15 Working Groups in 10 different countries with over 700 delegates in attendance from over 300 organisations.
- Conducted 27 Green Power Feasibility Studies with operators in 23 countries
- HOMER training provided to over 250 individuals from 67 organisations globally
- Published 7 Bi-annual Reports with a direct distribution list of over 2000 recipient
- Published over 50 reports for knowledge dissemination covering a range of issues related to Asia, Africa and Latin America