- “#Mobile Operators <3 #Startups”: our 3 takeaways from #SeedstarsSummit: https://t.co/RrkN8MriD4 #M4D https://t.co/ysyULwiBqq https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/856499400276930561
- RT @GSMA: .@CI_Orange CEO @mamadou_bamba_ will explore mobile as the foundation for digital transformation at #M360WA. Details https://t.co …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/856446960458444800
- Find out how the @GSMA and @WorldBank are increasing #financialinclusion with the UFA Initiative: https://t.co/oQOziTh2C2 #M4D #MobileMoneyhttps://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/856432588403159040
- RT @GSMA: Learn how the #GSMA is working with the #mobile industry to support the West Africa region in achieving the #SDGs https://t.co/fk …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/856420142271606786
- #Tigo #Women Entrepreneurship fund was set up to recruit, train & offer women initial funding to be Tigo Cash agent… https://t.co/giPEyHEgkr https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/855422043877244928
Mobile for Development Utilities Programme
Unlocking access to essential utility services through mobile
Our mission is to unlock commercially sustainable business models that leverage mobile to deliver affordable and improved energy, water and sanitation services in emerging markets.
In emerging markets, many people cannot access basic utility services that are essential to life. The reach of mobile connectivity is greater than the reach of basic utility services, such as electricity and improved water and sanitation services.
The Mobile for Development Utilities Programme promotes the use of mobile networks, infrastructure and payment systems to open new pathways for affordable and reliable utility services to reach the underserved. These innovations for service delivery boost industry and economic growth, for example by enabling entrepreneurial phone charging services in remote areas, or reducing water service providers’ losses from water leakage or uncollected bills.
M4D Utilities seeks to drive the use of mobile to improve or increase access to basic utility services through the following activities:
- Innovation Fund: re-opening for applications in July 2017
- Knowledge sharing and convening
- Technical advisory to mobile operators
- Market building
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
For this study, the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities programme, with the support of the UK government, ...Read more
The latest Insight Report from M4D Utilities explores the fast growing use of mobile to create Pay As You Go ...Read more
This study is the last in a series of four reports and focuses on the potential for mobile-enabled water ...Read more
In this video, we explain what the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities (M4D Utilities) programme does and ...Read more
As part of the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities programme’s activities, we conduct market assessment ...Read more
Today there are still over 663 million people living without access to a safe water supply, disrupting their ...Read more
Mobile technologies are increasingly becoming ubiquitous across the developing world: out of the 4.8 billion ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Md. Rakib Uddin, Senior Sector Specialist. Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), ...Read more