- Judging underway #NTW2017 https://t.co/knsaS144FS https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/845288668390658049
- Pitches are underway at the @nairobitechweek hackathon! @JUMO_WORLD #NTW2017 https://t.co/u2V9I5m8vB https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/845247155375951872
- RT @AngelHack: Nairobi Hackathon Pitch Order #AH10 Live list at: https://t.co/obKz4SUX5b #NTW2017 https://t.co/edlfixNNgt https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/845246633721937921
- RT @ollyparsons: The @GSMAm4d Connected Women initiative aims 2 reduce gender gap in mobile internet/mobile money services https://t.co/z5b …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/845220531678957574
- RT @AbigailKomu: We all need to make and accept #payments anywhere, anytime - 24/7. This is the beauty of #mobilemoney #mpesa #msme https:/…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/845220273192361985
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
With our State of the Industry Report on Mobile Financial Services now in its sixth year, this special 2016 ...Read more
A license is typically required to offer international remittance services in conjunction with a mobile money ...Read more
At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the first country in the Middle East and North Africa to have ...Read more
To better understand the success factors for mobile money, the GSMA partnered with Shawn Cole, a professor at ...Read more
Mobile technologies are increasingly becoming ubiquitous across the developing world: out of the 4.8 billion ...Read more
This is the third in the series of blog posts highlighting the role of mobile money in providing safe and ...Read more
For years, the mobile money industry in Latin America has been playing catch-up with the rest of the world. ...Read more
Today, the GSMA is releasing the Decade Edition of its State of the Industry Report on Mobile Money. While ...Read more
At the World Humanitarian Summit last year, the GSMA committed to broaden the remit of Humanitarian ...Read more