Each individual Working Group has its own terms of reference to set out the scope and remit of the group in its subject matter area. However, there are certain aspects that are common to all Working Groups and these are set out in the following generic terms of reference that apply to all groups:
- Provide a forum for consensus building and harmonisation among members concerning the setting of frameworks and standards in respect of operational matters;
- Liaise with and act as point of contact for external organisations in relation to matters within their remit, keeping GSMA Standards team appraised to maintain an overall picture of GSMA engagement for all external organisations;
- Develop and maintain guidelines, recommendations and processes necessary to support efficient roaming, interconnection and interworking;
- Provide enablers necessary for the successful development and rollout of new services;
- Collaborate across the GSMA membership and provide expert input and contributions where necessary;
- Develop and maintain educational materials on subject matters areas for the benefit of GSMA members;
- Promote and monitor compliance with industry best practice and recommendations;
- Maintain a library of official documents in accordance with GSMA defined processes; and
- Within relevant areas of expertise, provide timely support to GSMA Programmes.
Participation in GSMA Working Groups is exclusive to GSMA Members. If you would like to find out more about GSMA Membership, or become a Member, please visit GSMA Membership website.
Visit GSMA Membership website for more information.