GSMA Capacity Building training at DoT and TRAI HQ in India
The GSMA has delivered the following two courses to DoT and TRAI in India on 18-22 November 2019:
- 5G – The Path To Next Generation
- Competition Policy in the Digital Age
The training was very well received by the policymakers and there were a total of 134 officers attended the courses. The following topics were covered during the 4-days training:
- In a WGA approach, the importance of 5G and its various aspects, and the Competition policy while regulating, and the importance of best regulatory principles and how different approach does 5G require compared to earlier generations.
- The global RegMod impact on competition policy and the importance of Competition Policy handbook.
- Telcos are differently positioned compared to OTTs/Tech companies and there is a need for investment in this critical network infrastructure.
Visit our website to learn more about capacity building partnerships with the GSMA.