APAC Digital Leaders Champion Interview Shorts – Edy Sulistyo, CEO, GoPlay
The aim of the APAC Digital Leaders Champion program is to promote and champion the innovation and business leadership of leading CEOs and digital leaders from across the APAC region. As part of this program, a series of short interviews have been developed.
In this interview, Julian Gorman, Head of APAC GSMA, and Edy Sulistyo, CEO of GoPlay, has discussed the following topics:
- There is much commentary on the importance of technology to the youth of Indonesia. How does Edy see his role as a leader of a technology company and the younger generation for the future of Indonesia and its economy?
- In a highly competitive streaming services market, where does GoPlay draw its differentiation and see its place in the on-demand video streaming future?
- According to a recent report from Statista, Indonesia’s pay-per-view segment is projected to reach US$71m in 2020. How will the newly launched GoPlay Rental pay-per-view service compete in this segment?
- If the acceleration of the digital economy is crucial to a fast recovery in the post-COVID era, what is the role of technology companies like GoPlay to this digital recovery?
- The policies and regulatory frameworks that will fit for purpose for the video on demand business sector to accelerate in Indonesia
- The importance of 5G implementation for live video streaming services in Indonesia