Uncovering the Findings of The 2020 Mobile Industry Impact Report: Sustainable Development Goals Webinar
The COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated how fundamental digital technologies are to societies and economies everywhere, bringing new awareness of the power and potential of a digitally enabled world. With more than 5 billion individuals using a mobile phone, and 7 billion people covered by a mobile network, the reach of mobile technology remains unparalleled.
With more and more people using mobile every year, the industry continues to increase its impact on all 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). However, with 10 years left to achieve the 2030 SDG targets, it is incumbent on the mobile industry, policymakers and the wider ecosystem to act faster to maximise mobile’s potential within the next decade.
The Sustainable Development Goals webinar featured remarks from GSMA’s Director General Mats Granryd, a key note presentation from Sanda Ojiambo, CEO and Executive Director of the United Nations’ Global Compact, a deep dive into the report from Kalvin Bahia, Principal Economist, GSMAi and a constructive and inspiring panel discussion to close the event.
Sanda Ojiambo, CEO and Executive Director, United Nationgs Global Compact
James Gowen, VP Global Supply Chain & Chief Sustainability Officer, Verizon
Joakim Reiter, Group External Affairs Director, Vodafone
Watch the highlights video.
- Opening remarks - Director General, Mats Granryd
CEO, United Nations Global Compact, Sanda Ojiambo
- A deep dive into the report findings
- A moderated panel to discuss achieving the SDGs from the mobile industry, government and NGO perspectives
- Sanda Ojiambo, CEO, UN Global Compact
- Jim Gowen, VP Global Supply Chain Operations and Chief Sustainability Office, Verizon
- Joakim Reiter, Group External Affairs Director, Vodafone