Digital Commerce Global Interest Group
What is the Digital Commerce Global Interest Group?
The Digital Commerce programme’s Global Interest Group (GIG) consists of a global community which helps to shape the GSMA’s activities in the digital commerce ecosystem. The Group also acts as a forum for knowledge to be shared.
The GIG provides a broadly-based mechanism to review and contribute to materials and initiatives from GSMA digital commerce projects. The Group’s work will improve openness and interoperability in the market, on topics that have the potential to be globally applicable. Outputs are, wherever possible, published by the GSMA as Specifications or White Papers, focusing on SIM-based Mobile NFC Services.
The programme has two key objectives:
- Objective 1 (core enablers): Simplify and homogenise current interfaces and processes for credential provisioning and management on SIMs
- Objective 2 (vertical service development): Engage with the digital commerce ecosystem to stimulate the development and on boarding of service applications using operator interfaces
GIG performs the following roles:
- Provides review, input, guidance and a global perspective on key Digital Commerce projects
- Provides an arena for information and knowledge sharing, across the global digital commerce ecosystem
- Provides input to wider GSMA publications, such as white papers and research papers.
The GIG is organised by:
GSMA Project Manager: Nicola Witney – email@example.com