Global cellular M2M technology forecasts and assumptions
March 2015: The research shows that 77% of cellular M2M connections worldwide were running on 2G networks as of 2014. By 2020, we forecast that mobile broadband networks (3G and 4G) will account for 56% of cellular M2M connections, while the remainder (44%) will continue to run on 2G. Migration away from 2G network is already well underway in Asia Pacific, especially in Japan, Korea and Australia. In these developed markets, the migration of M2M towards mobile broadband network is happening at a faster rate than in other developed markets.