6th Mobile IoT Summit
- Hesperia Tower Hotel
Mobile IoT, also known as Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) in licensed spectrum, presents a huge opportunity for the mobile and IoT industries. Machina Research estimate that by 2025, LPWA connections will grow to over 3 billion and 56% of these connections are forecast to be connected via licensed spectrum technologies.
The 6th Mobile IoT Summit will focus on the rapid growth and momentum behind both NB-IoT and LTE-M technologies. Since the beginning of 2017 there have been 27 worldwide Mobile IoT deployments, and this number is growing exponentially in 2018.
Hear from leading mobile operators and industry players about:
- The commercial availability of Mobile IoT on a worldwide scale
- Real-world deployments of Mobile IoT networks and the growth of the wider ecosystem
- Recent implementations and use cases of Mobile IoT technologies, including NB-IoT and LTE-M
This event is free to attend, but advance registration is required. Registration will open at 13:00, followed by lunch and interactive demonstration viewing.
A networking drinks reception follows the summit, from 17:30 – 18:30.
6th Mobile IoT Summit
|14:00-14:10||Welcome and Introduction||Graham Trickey, Head of Internet of Things, GSMA|
|14:10-14:40||Opening Keynote Presentations||• Cheng ZHU Head of the Cellular IoT Product line at Huawei Technology,
• Dr. Georges Karam – President and Chief Executive Officer Sequans Communications
|14.40- 15.40||Panel: Scaling Deployment of Mobile IoT
Global mobile operators discuss their views on the growth and adoption of Mobile IoT technologies in the marketplace, including:
• Commercial availability of MIoT networks
• Key findings from initial launches
• Plans for worldwide growth
|• Luke Ibbetson – Chair of NB-IoT Forum, Vodafone
• Vicente Muñoz, Chief IOT Officer, Telefonica
• Cameron Coursey Vice President of Product Development, for AT&T’s Internet of Things Solution, AT&T
|15.40-16.00||Coffee Break & Demonstration Viewing
|16.00-16.45||Presentations: Real-world Customer Deployments
Case study presentations on Mobile IoT solutions deployed in the market
|Julian Gorman, Head of Strategic Engagement, Asia, GSMA|
|16.45-17.30||Panel: The Future Outlook for Mobile IoT
This panel of mobile industry experts will explore key questions such as:
• Can the Mobile IoT deliver on promises such as wide coverage, low cost and power saving?
• What does the future roadmap look like for this group of technologies, and how will this impact the industry?
|• Moderator: Shane Rooney, Executive Director – GSMA Internet of Things (IoT) Networks
• Marc Overton, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cloud & Connectivity Services Sierra Wireless
• Ankur Bhan – Global Head of Nokia’s Worldwide IoT network grid (WING) NOKIA
• Simon Glassman, Senior Principal Strategic Partnerships EMEA, u-blox
|17.30-18.30||Networking Drinks & Demonstration Viewing|