Smart City Expo World Congress
- Fira Barcelona Gran Via
Smart City Expo World Congress aims to be the place to collectivise urban power, to increase the strength of cities, to identify business opportunities, to establish partnerships and contribute to enacting common policies. The event is the meeting point for governments, companies, entrepreneurs and research centers, where cities meet other cities, showcase their projects and find new solutions, and where companies make business. More than 17.000 professional visitors are expected, with over 600 exhibitors, along with high level representatives from more than 650 cities and over 400 experts and thought leaders.
GSMA IoT will take part in one of the panel discussions to explore the importance of the IoT security and the role mobile network operators play for the future of Smart Cities.
- Session: Securing the Digital City: Cyber Threats and Responses
- Date: 14 November 2017 (Tuesday)
- Time: 14:00 – 15:00
- Location: Room 3, Thematic Session
- GSMA Speaker: Dr. Shane Rooney, Executive Director, Internet of Things, GSMA
7 Tech Startups will join GSMA in the 4YFN Village to demonstrate their IoT solutions making smart city assets more efficient. These companies are:
- ABARO – NB-IoT Solutions for Utility
- BS2 Sicherheitssysteme GmbH – Smart Concrete/Building
- EnBW – Emergency Tracker
- Flashnet – Smart Lighting
- GSMA – Smart London “IoT Big Data with Air Quality”
- Revolution11 – Smart Manhole Cover
- Urban Clouds – IoT Big Data & Analytics
- Urbiotica – Smart Parking
There is also a networking reception providing a perfect platform amongst startups, experts from mobile network operators and smart city customers to exchange innovative and build stronger relationship.
- Date: 14 November 2017 (Tue) – Congress Day 1
- Time: 16:00 – 17:00
- Venue: 4YFN Village
- Remarks: please bring one business card for registration at the reception.
Event website: here