Smart City Expo World Congress
Smart City Expo World Congress aims to be the place to collectivise urban power, to increase the strength of cities, to identify business opportunities, to establish partnerships and contribute to enacting common policies. The event is the meeting point for governments, companies, entrepreneurs and research centers, where cities meet other cities, showcase their projects and find new solutions, and where companies make business. More than 17.000 professional visitors are expected, with over 600 exhibitors, along with high level representatives from more than 650 cities and over 400 experts and thought leaders.
GSMA IoT will take part in one of the panel discussions to explore the importance of the IoT security and the role mobile network operators play for the future of Smart Cities.
- Session: Securing the Digital City: Cyber Threats and Responses
- Date: 14 November 2017 (Tuesday)
- Time: 14:00 – 15:00
- Location: Room 3, Thematic Session
- GSMA Speaker: Ian Smith, IoT Security Specialist, Internet of Things Programme, GSMA
7 companies will join GSMA in the 4YFN Village to demonstrate their IoT solutions making smart city assets more efficient. These companies are:
- ABARO – Innovative NB-IoT Solutions for Utility
- BS2 – Smart Building Infrastructure (NB-IoT)
- Flashnet – Smart Street Lighting (NB-IoT)
- GSMA – Smart London “IoT Big Data with Air Quality“
- Revolution11 – Smart Manhole (LTE-M)
- Netze BW / u-blox – NB-IoT equipped emergency tracking device with SARA-N211 Module
- Urban Clouds – Spatial Monitoring of Air Quality (SMAQ) in urban areas
- Urbiotica – Smart Parking (NB-IoT)
There is also a networking reception providing a perfect platform amongst startups, experts from mobile network operators and smart city customers to exchange innovative and build stronger relationship.
- GSMA Mobile IoT Innovators Networking Reception
- Date: 14 November 2017 (Tue) – Congress Day 1
- Time: 16:00 – 17:00
- Location: 4YFN Village (next to the entrance to the conference area)
- Remarks: please bring one business card for registration at the reception.
Event website: here