MITRE Engenuity 2021 Open Generation 5G Summit
Getting to Our 5G Future Faster
A Free, Live Virtual Event
Join leading visionaries and pioneers achieving the unachievable in 5G innovation.
Six virtual 5G events in one Summit. Highlights include:
- Influential industry and government leaders in 5G and UAS.
- Examples of experimental work our members are doing to accelerate 5G commercialization.
- Discussions around overcoming 5G challenges.
- Dr. Ajit Kahaduwe, Managing Director of Incubation & New Product Development at MITRE Accelerator
- Dr. Leila Ribeiro, Technology Director, MITRE Engenuity Open Generation
Confirmed speakers and presenters:
- Barbara Pareglio, Executive Director for Connectivity for Aviation and Drones, GSMA
- Charles Clancy, Senior Vice President, General Manager, MITRE Labs, Chief Futurist
- Laurie Giandomenico, Vice President & Chief Acceleration Officer, MITRE Accelerator
- Paul Challoner, VP Network Product Solutions, Ericsson
- Marcus Weldon, Former CTO at Nokia and President of Bell Labs
- Thierry Klein, VP, Enterprise and Industrial Automation Research Lab, Nokia
- Gerry Libunao, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Verizon
- Andrew Thiesson, Senior Principal 5G and NextG Technologist, MITRE
- Elise Neel, VP, New Business Incubation, Verizon
- Prasanth Ananth, Technical Leader for Drone Research – Enterprise & Industrial Automation, Nokia
- Barbara Baffer, VP, Government & Industry Relations, Ericsson
- Generational Impact: The Importance of Accelerating 5G
- The Visions Driving 5G: Unleashing World-Changing Use Cases
- Innovation at the Edges: New Frontiers with 5G Architecture
- For Public Good: The Vitality of 5G, National Interests, and Global Impact
- Radical Collaboration: Solving Complex Challenges with 5G
- Defining Standards: Bringing Best Practices to the Unprecedented Breadth of 5G
Register now to book your access, receive event updates, lineup additions, and attendance information.
Executive Director for Connectivity for Aviation and IoT Technical Director , GSMA
Barbara has over 20 years of experience in the mobile industry. She has been part of the GSMA Internet of Things Programme since 2014, working on several aspects of the IoT such as the development of the Mobile IoT Technologies (LTE-M, NB-IoT), GSMA IoT Security Guidelines, GSMA Drone Interest Group and looking at a variety of emerging technologies, like machine learning/AI and edge computing, for helping the mobile industry to create trusted solutions for the IoT. Before joining the GSMA Barbara worked in R&D in several areas of telecommunications, including Intelligent Networks, IMS, Service Enabling and M2M/IoT. She also participates in and actively contributed to several standards.
The GSMA Internet of Things Programme helps operators to fully realise the opportunity in the IoT, operators must deliver secure IoT networks as well as scalable value added data services for the world’s industry and machines beyond connectivity. This is to be achieved by industry collaboration, appropriate regulation, optimising networks as well as developing key enablers to support the growth of IoT.