Latin America Regulatory Working Group to meet in Chile in partnership with ECLAC
The first meeting of the Regulatory Working Group (REGU) for 2017 will be held, as an exception, in partnership with the United Nations Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC).
The meeting will take place on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 April at the ECLAC headquarters in Santiago de Chile, providing attendees with an excellent setting for discussion about regulation in the region, including a special ECLAC seminar on “Regulation in a Regional Digital Market” alongside the GSMA Regulatory Working Group sessions.
Both activities will be held at the same venue.
- Address: Avenida Dag Hammarskjöld 3477, Vitacura, Santiago
- Conference room: Celso Furtado.
Special seminars in partnership with ECLAC on “Regulation in a Regional Digital Market”
On Thursday 20, experts from the industry will cover important topics for the region such as:
- Challenges of Regulatory harmonisation
- Electronic payment systems for Latin America
Regulatory Working Group Meeting (REGU):
Sessions will be held on the afternoon of 20 April and all day on 21 April.
This meeting will include special guests:
- Mario Cimoli, Head of Production, Productivity and Management Division, ECLAC.
- Kyla Read, Head of Identity for the Unregistrated, GSMA.
- Serafino Abate, Director, Competition Economics, GSMA.
- Guillermo Pickering, Director of ATELMO, Chile.
- Regulatory managers from the region’s mobile operators.
- Facundo Fernández Begni, Government & Industry Relations Director, South & Pacific RLAM
- Carolina Limbatto, Senior Analyst Americas, Cullen International.
- Uca Silva, RELAC Platform (Latin American WEEE Platform).
We Care Chile campaign launch: mobile industry commitment to natural disaster response.
As an ECLAC key security requirement, registration on our website is compulsory for attendance at this event and access to ECLAC headquarters. You will be asked to show identification when you enter the premises.
GSMA member operators: unlimited passes
GSMA Associate Members: maximum two passes per company
Other attendees: please contact Bernardita Oyarzún
Regulatory Working Group (REGU) coordinator: Lucrecia Corvalán
General inquiries about the event: Bernardita Oyarzún