Industry Event to Focus on Impact of Intelligent Connectivity in the Region; Key Industry Experts to Debate Topics Including 5G, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
24 April 2019, Mexico City: The GSMA today announced the first details of its Mobile 360 Series – Latin America conference taking place on 4-6 June 2019 at the Hilton Mexico City Reforma, Mexico City. The three-day event, which is now in its fifth year and will be in Mexico for a second year, will examine the technologies, business models and government strategies driving digital transformation across Latin America.
- The first speakers confirmed include:
- Carlos Slim Domit, Chairman of the Board, América Móvil
- Carlos Alberto Morales Paulin, CEO, Telefónica México
- Byungki Oh, Vice President, Korea Telecom
- Osvaldo Di Campli, President of Latin America, Nokia
- Carla Gonzalez, Vice President, Amdocs
- Marco Quatorze, Executive Vice President VAS, Telcel
- Gabriel Solomon, Head of Government & Industry Relations – Europe & Latin America, Ericsson
- Claudina Garcia, Senior Director of Legal and Public Affairs Mexico, American Tower
- José Murillo Garza, Chief Analytics Officer, Banorte
- Max Tremp, Engineering Lead for Latin America, Cisco
- Marilú López, Presidente, DAMA Capítulo México
- Maria Alexandra Velez, Director of Latin American Government and Regulatory Affairs, SBA Communications
- Karl Horne, Vice President of Fixed Data Solutions, SES Networks
- Javier Hauss, Regional Head of Analytics, UberEats
Special Interest Workshops and Exhibitions
Alongside the main conference, the event will feature a series of workshops, partner programmes and meetings aimed at providing a deeper-dive into specific industry topics.
4YFN (Four Years from Now) will return to Mobile 360 – Latin America for a second year to support start-ups, investors and companies in connecting and launching new business ventures together. The Latin America Strategy & Innovation Forum (LSIF) will once again convene experts to examine disruptive industry trends and deliver insights into the future business models of mobile operators. The Gender Round Table will also return this year to address the topic of women working in tech and the benefits of diversity in the industry.
New for 2019: IDB Invest IoT Summit
On 6 June, IDB Invest, private sector arm of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), will hold its IDB Invest IoT Summit. This unique event will bring together Latin American IoT game-changers with a Korean IoT-focused delegation to facilitate business opportunities and inter-continental idea sharing. In order to ensure that the best Latin American IoT innovators are represented, selected companies as innovative leaders will be invited to the IDB Invest IoT Summit to demonstrate an IoT product or solution that will positively impact the Latin American market (travel and expense support will be provided to these companies). Interested organisations must apply before 10 May in www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/attend/iot-companies-apply-free-travel
First 2019 Meeting of GSMA Latin America Working Groups
Mobile 360 – Latin America will also host the Plenary Meeting #48, the first session of the year for all of GSMA Latin America’s Working Groups, on 6 June. Operators will discuss and debate GSMA activities and programmes and establish regional industry positions. GSMA Latin America has four operator-led Working Groups: Regulatory (REGU), Security & Fraud (SEGF), Technical & Terminals (TECT) and Wholesale Agreements & Solutions (WASL). For more information and registration, visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/agenda/apply-to-attend-workshop
Mobile 360 – Latin America Event Sponsors
Industry leaders supporting the event include Claro and Telcel (Host Sponsors); Wings Mobile Telecom (Headline Sponsor); ETIYA, Hitachi Consulting and Huawei (Industry Sponsors).
Get involved at Mobile 360 – Latin America
Registration for Mobile 360 – Latin America is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/attend/attendee-registration. For more information on Mobile 360 – Latin America, visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Latin America using the hashtags #Mobile360 #LatinAmerica and following @GSMALatam and @GSMAEvents on Twitter and GSMA Latin America on LinkedIn.