At the World Radio Conference (WRC), in November 2015, governments from all over the world agreed on changes to international spectrum allocations.
The ultimate agreement was very satisfactory for the future development of mobile services, with 375MHz identified in the region in the following bands:
- L Band (1427-1518 MHz) identified in the entire region.
- Sub-700MHz (614-698 MHz) identified in Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Colombia, United States and Mexico.
- C Band (3.4-3.6 GHz) harmonised throughout the region.
- Some countries also identifed: 3.3-3.4GHz in Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico and Uruguay.
- Other countries: 3.6-3.7GHz in Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica and USA.
- 902-928 MHz identified in most countries of the region: Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Paraguay, Venezuela and Uruguay.