27 – 29 May, 2014 – Montevideo, Uruguay
Thanks to the support of the member host, Antel Uruguay, we are very pleased to announce the first GSMA LA Plenary Meeting of 2014. The event will be take place on 27-29 May in Montevideo, Uruguay, at the hotel Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza.
Participating in the three-day key regional meeting of the mobile industry, are government representatives and regulators of Uruguay and Latin America, high level operator executives, suppliers, invited experts and important industry players from our region.
The GSMA LA Plenary Meeting #41 will start with a full day of thematic seminars and will continue with our traditional plenary session with the participation of senior operator executives and regulators, as well as the meetings of the GSMA Latin America working groups.
Highlighted below are the thematic seminars and workshops that will be carried out on 27 May:
- 1. Connected Living: M2M service models and solutions applied to health, education, etc. Contact: Jeanine Vos. For more information about this seminar please click HERE.
- 2. Mobile for Development (M4D): The GSMA Mobile for Development will showcase the opportunities to the region that the mAgri, Disaster Response, Mobile Money for the Unbanked and Mobiled Enabled Community Services provide. Contact: Abirrami Birrel.
- 3. mIdentity: Mobile Identity models, cases and opportunities for Latin America. Contact: Fabio Moraes.
- 4. RAEX Workshop: RAEX Op Data & IOT (Mandatory from 1st Feb 2014) – Compliance issues to reach the deadline of 6 months. Contact: Alexis Arancibia.
- 5. Connected Living Workshop: Sustainable mobile solutions for education that will transform educational experiences and results. Contact: Andrea Guajardo.
- 6. Network Evolution – The technology road ahead: Networks of the future, architecture, platforms and other technology aspects of GSMA Programmes. Contact: José Aranda.
- 7. Spectrum – Prospects for AWS, Digital Dividend and License Shared Access: Status of spectrum allocation in the Americas, Future spectrum needs and geopolitics. Contact: Luciana Camargos.
- 8. VAS Workshop: Invitation-only workshop on value added service development and the business opportunity presented by services with social impact. Contact: Julia Burchell.
- 9. Infrastructure Development & EMF: How to facilitate infrastructure rollout, overcoming regulatory and perception obstacles. Contact: Mauro Accurso.
- 10. LTE Roaming Roll out Lessons Learned – AT&T Workshop. Contact: Alexis Arancibia.
- 11. Spam Reporting Service Seminar. Contact: Brenda Mana Pastrian.
For more information please contact:
GSMA LA Working Groups Coordinators
Regulatory (REGU): Matías Fernández Díaz.
Billing & Roaming (BARG): Alexis Arancibia.
Technical & Terminals (TECT): Tiago Novais.
Security & Fraud (SEGF): Brenda Mana Pastrian.
Media and press
General enquiries & registration
Sponsors Logistics & questions
Event Registration Information
AImportant, Please read before registering:
• GSM operators have unlimited registration.
• GSMA associate members have 2 passes available.
• GSMA associate members that are part of the GSMA LA Sponsorship Programme 2014 have up to 6 passes available (standard level) and up to 10 passes available (premium level).
• Other companies and organizations need to request a special invitation to attend the event. Please contact Andrea Guajardo.
To register for the event, please click below:
The Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel has no longer available rooms. We recommend to check the list of near hotels.
Practical information about Uruguay and Visa
To get some key and useful information about Uruguay, tips and other recommendations, please click here.