GSMA mWomen Seminar: Unlocking the Potential – 26 February, Mobile World Congress, 12:00 to 15:00, Room CC1-1.5
Co-hosted by Visa, Inc. and Qtel Group, this event features opportunities for achieving commercial and social objectives by meeting women’s wants and needs for mobile. The keynote session, introduced by Cherie Blair, Founder, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, focuses on opportunities for industry to serve the women’s market with mobile financial services, thereby helping to increase women’s financial inclusion in emerging markets. Visa and GSMA mWomen will release new research by Bankable Frontier Associates on women’s wants and needs for mobile financial services. We’ll also discuss the power of mobile user experience design for women and announce the winners of the GSMA mWomen Design Challenge, sponsored by Qtel Group in partnership with USAID and AusAID. Finally, we’ll share mobile industry partners’ experiences serving women to create commercial and social value.
- Cherie Blair, Founder, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Dr. Nasser Marafih, CEO, Qtel Group
- Maura O’Neill, Chief Innovation Officer & Senior Counselor to the Administrator, USAID
- Roar Bjaerum, Chief Financial Services Officer, Head of Easypaisa, Telenor Pakistan
- Ann Mei Chang, Senior Advisor for Women and Technology in the Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues at the US Department of State
- Daryl Collins, Director, Bankable Frontier Associates
- Aletha Ling, Chief Operating Officer, Fundamo, a Visa Company
- Susie Lonie, Mobile Payments Expert, SJL Consulting
- Erik Meijer, Director and Chief Commercial Officer, Indosat
- Steve O’Connor, IDEO
- Sean Paavo Krepp, Country Director Uganda , Grameen Foundation
- Nzioka Waita, Director Corporate Affairs, Safaricom
A networking lunch, sponsored by Visa, will be offered to all attendees of the event, which is open to all Congress pass-holders.