The GSMA Innovation Fund for Assistive Tech was set up to find start-ups, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in Africa and Asia that are driving the digital inclusion of people with disabilities by addressing one or more of the following barriers:
- Knowledge and skills; and
- Safety and security.
We received a total of 350 applications from 31 countries across Africa and Asia. After a rigorous evaluation process followed by selection from an independent panel of experts, we are now pleased to announce the four grantees:
- DeafTawk | Pakistan | Provider of real-time, on demand access to sign language interpretation services.
- I-STEM | India | Providers of AI-enabled digital services to provide high quality accessible documents for persons with disabilities.
- Signs Media | Kenya | Provider of real-time, on demand access to sign language interpretation services.
- SignAble Communications | India | Provider of real-time, on demand access to sign language interpretation services.
The Fund was launched in September 2020 with support from the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Find out more about this GSMA Innovation Fund in our recent blogs
- GSMA Innovation Fund for Assistive Technology: Highlights from the Top Pitches
- Announcing the GSMA Innovation Fund for Assistive Tech Grantees
If you have any further questions, please email GSMAIF@gsma.com
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), and supported by the GSMA and its members.