- Here are our four key takeaways from the @waterpreneurs #innovate4water forum 2017 #M4DUtilities:… https://t.co/UPE8ObwYYr https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/879728567185178624
- What are the five prerequisites for high quality #mHealth content? Our latest blog has the answers:… https://t.co/c9DrIrx4uD https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/879685919556743168
- .@Turkcell CEO @Kaan_Terzioglu shares his vision of responsible leadership & commitment to delivering the #SDGs… https://t.co/1q4jVLgwG3 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/879656836642869248
- #M4DUtilities grantee @_eWATER collaborated with @ESEYEM2M to improve water access through #M2M and #MobileMoney… https://t.co/tj5JCd4iVv https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/879640585870729216
- Register for our #mAgri webinar on how to create scalable, engaging #mobile #agricultural solutions – 4 July… https://t.co/cxHSjIHx3U https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/879617837102452736
Digital Identity Programme
Enabling digital identity through the power of mobile
Our mission is to leverage mobile technology as an enabler of digital identity and associated services which provide social and commercial value in developing markets.
Proof of identity is a prerequisite to socio-economic development and essential to accessing basic services. Mobile technology is uniquely positioned to enable accessible and inclusive digital identity. The GSMA Digital Identity programme is playing a key role in advocating and raising awareness of the opportunity of mobile-enabled digital identity and life-enhancing services. Our programme works with mobile operators, governments and the development community to demonstrate the opportunities, address the barriers and highlight the value of mobile as an enabler of digital identification. Using mobile as a unique and robust digital identity for the underserved can lead to greater social, political and economic inclusion.
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
An area of increasing focus is the opportunity for mobile and digital technology to play a role in ...Read more
Aadhaar: Inclusive by Design – A Look at India’s National Identity Programme and its Role in the JAM Trinity
This report provides some context to the evolution and design of Aadhaar by exploring the identity landscape ...Read more
The ‘State of Mobile Data for Social Good’ report outlines the value of harnessing mobile data for social ...Read more
This report highlights key findings from the GSMA Digital Identity programme’s qualitative research in ...Read more
The ability to prove one’s identity is essential to securing a number of life-enhancing services such as ...Read more
Today, on the 20th of June, the international community is celebrating World Refugee Day by drawing ...Read more
The GSMA Digital identity team recently participated in the third annual ID4Africa Forum 2017 in Windhoek, ...Read more
In 2008, the Indian government established the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), giving it ...Read more
To help make digital identity solutions and identity-linked services more inclusive and impactful, it is ...Read more