- Contact the #ConnectedSociety Team to share your #digitalinclusion initiatives in #mobile #digitalliteracy and spre… https://t.co/20aVJM2JN9 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/911243975792750593
- RT @GSMA: The #CaseForChange will highlight how #mobile technology is helping achieve the #SDGS & creating a #betterfuture https://t.co/Vut …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/911237605198581760
- Empowering youth is key to achieving all #SDGs. Read about mobile’s impact on education in our full report:… https://t.co/zwFN7Mn5Us https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/911213773008064513
- RT @EleanorH2O: Big Data for Social Good initiative by @waterforpeople partner @GSMA shows how telecom cuts across all #SDGs @MatsGranryd #…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/911168439733178368
- .@StriveMasiyiwa explains that #energyaccess is the “last great frontier” in #Africa. #Mobile is contributing to it… https://t.co/k942RN9we4 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/911153292058791936
Call for mAgri B2P Engagement Partners: Digitising agricultural payments
Realising the opportunity of digitising payments in agricultural value chains
The digitisation of payments in agriculture is emerging as a new opportunity for mobile money service providers to drive rural growth and mobile money accounts adoption. Moving from traditional cash based agricultural payments to digital payments into the mobile wallets of smallholder farmers opens up a range of agriculture and non-agriculture related uses cases, from P2P, to bill and utility payments to credit and savings products. If you are interested in driving the adoption of mobile money in rural areas, it is time to move forward: In a recent report, the GSMA estimates that by actively approaching the digitisation opportunity in business-to-person (B2P) and government-to-person (G2P) transfers in agriculture sector, mobile money service providers could derive $2 billion and $202 million of annual revenue respectively by 2020.
This initiatives aligns with the industry’s commitment to creating solutions that will support the delivery of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1, 2, 5 and 9.
Overview of the mAgri B2P Engagement Partners Initiative
GSMA mAgri programme works with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) that are committed to driving the digitisation of agricultural payments. The initiative supports operators to identify country specific opportunities for launching or scaling digital agricultural payment services. We provide a range of support, from knowledge sharing, in-market research, partnership brokering and iterative service design.
We are interested in hearing from MNOs who meet the following criteria:
- Have prioritised realisation of the agriculture B2P market opportunity
- Seek support with scaling existing or launching new agricultural digitisation services which are:
- Targeted at smallholder farmers via enterprise solutions for agri businesses
- Designed for commercially viability and scalability
Depending on the maturity of MNO agri enterprise engagements, the type of support available could include:
- Market and value chain opportunity sizing and value chain selection
- Business case assessment
- Pipeline of agribusiness clients
- Pipeline of tech vendors for partnership
- Support on customer adoption
- Regular service performance review against success criteria
- Clear roadmap for further service evolution
- Benchmarking services against peers
- Identifying gaps between client and end-user needs and your current offering
- Sharing lessons learnt from key markets through publications, case studies and webinars
We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis. Please complete the survey below to be considered for an engagement partnership and we will be in touch.
If you are an agribusiness or tech provider and looking for an MNO partner, or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile technology can drive efficiencies in the so-called agricultural last mile for agribusinesses and help ...Read more
A study of six services in the mAgri mNutrition portfolio For the last three years, the GSMA mAgri programme ...Read more
A new opportunity is emerging for mobile money service providers to drive growth in rural areas by digitising ...Read more
The GSMA mAgri Programme is more than half way through our mNutrition Initiative where we have partnered with ...Read more
The IFFCO Kisan app is one of the pioneering mobile agriculture apps in India, offering to smallholder ...Read more
Today the mAgri programme has published the report, ‘Opportunities in agricultural value chain ...Read more
The mAgri team have developed expertise in examining usage data and user feedback surveys to interpret how ...Read more
Our most recent publication, “Creating scalable, engaging mobile solutions for agriculture”, is the ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Jenny Rafanomezana, CEO, TruTrade Africa, and Ronald Rwakigumba, Agri-Fin Mobile ...Read more
Since 2014, the GSMA mAgri programme has been working closely with six mobile network operators (MNOs) across ...Read more