- GSM sensors can improve #sanitation waste collection. #M4DUtilities grantee @Sanergy shows us how:… https://t.co/eveQR7RjmM https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/933340902914961410
- #Mobilemoney can be a catalyst for #financial #inclusion, yet women are left behind. Read the #ConnectedWomen repor… https://t.co/CSOf4Y0jAU https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/933319464568918016
- #MNOs can leverage their scale, network of enterprise partners and services to offer holistic #agribusiness solutio… https://t.co/6pFaiM0FVe https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/933296581025062912
- RT @jencasswell: The destruction from #hurricanes #Irma & #Maria is widespread across Grand Turks island in #Caribbean. @GSMAm4d Disaster R…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/933018713804214272
- On #WorldToiletDay @H2Oyeah looks at the growth of #mobile services for #sanitation with #M4DUtilities grantees… https://t.co/O6UC2uxmG2 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/932983716946874373
Call for mAgri B2P Engagement Partners: Digitising agricultural payments
Realising the opportunity of digitising payments in agricultural value chains
The digitisation of payments in agriculture is emerging as a new opportunity for mobile money service providers to drive rural growth and mobile money accounts adoption. Moving from traditional cash based agricultural payments to digital payments into the mobile wallets of smallholder farmers opens up a range of agriculture and non-agriculture related uses cases, from P2P, to bill and utility payments to credit and savings products. If you are interested in driving the adoption of mobile money in rural areas, it is time to move forward: In a recent report, the GSMA estimates that by actively approaching the digitisation opportunity in business-to-person (B2P) and government-to-person (G2P) transfers in agriculture sector, mobile money service providers could derive $2 billion and $202 million of annual revenue respectively by 2020.
This initiatives aligns with the industry’s commitment to creating solutions that will support the delivery of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1, 2, 5 and 9.
Overview of the mAgri B2P Engagement Partners Initiative
GSMA mAgri programme works with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) that are committed to driving the digitisation of agricultural payments. The initiative supports operators to identify country specific opportunities for launching or scaling digital agricultural payment services. We provide a range of support, from knowledge sharing, in-market research, partnership brokering and iterative service design.
We are interested in hearing from MNOs who meet the following criteria:
- Have prioritised realisation of the agriculture B2P market opportunity
- Seek support with scaling existing or launching new agricultural digitisation services which are:
- Targeted at smallholder farmers via enterprise solutions for agri businesses
- Designed for commercially viability and scalability
Depending on the maturity of MNO agri enterprise engagements, the type of support available could include:
- Market and value chain opportunity sizing and value chain selection
- Business case assessment
- Pipeline of agribusiness clients
- Pipeline of tech vendors for partnership
- Support on customer adoption
- Regular service performance review against success criteria
- Clear roadmap for further service evolution
- Benchmarking services against peers
- Identifying gaps between client and end-user needs and your current offering
- Sharing lessons learnt from key markets through publications, case studies and webinars
We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis. Please complete the survey below to be considered for an engagement partnership and we will be in touch.
If you are an agribusiness or tech provider and looking for an MNO partner, or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of digital tools in the last mile of agricultural value chains allows agribusinesses to optimise ...Read more
The GSMA mAgri programme hosted a webinar to present the opportunity in agricultural value chain digitisation ...Read more
Mobile technology can drive efficiencies in the so-called agricultural last mile for agribusinesses and help ...Read more
A study of six services in the mAgri mNutrition portfolio For the last three years, the GSMA mAgri programme ...Read more
A new opportunity is emerging for mobile money service providers to drive growth in rural areas by digitising ...Read more
In a previous blog, we found that last mile digitisation has been gaining traction in Uganda, with ...Read more
There isn’t a week that goes by without our team speaking about ‘human’, ‘customer’ ...Read more
Today the mAgri programme has published the report, ‘Opportunities in agricultural value chain ...Read more
The mAgri team have developed expertise in examining usage data and user feedback surveys to interpret how ...Read more
Our most recent publication, “Creating scalable, engaging mobile solutions for agriculture”, is the ...Read more