- RT @GSMAEvents: Have you seen the 17 #SDG characters for #MWC18? Each character creates a visual illustration of the role of #mobile in sup…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/966717325469782016
- RT @MaxBayen: Impressive: @orange Money 12.1 million active customers in #Africa & #MiddleEast allowed the operator to grow its Mobile Mone…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/966713647996264448
- .@cwanjau of Twiga Foods will be joining us on stage in a panel discussion at #MWC18. Find out more:… https://t.co/2IiJcLiyyr https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/966368535487418369
- RT @GSMA: In this video, @MarkEvans66, Senior Marketing Director, #GSMA shares insight into @GSMAm4d's seminars & demos at the #GSMAInnovat…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/966367973693902848
- Join us at the #MobileforDevelopment #Payments seminar to hear from @cbakerbrian of @BBOXX_HQ on the #API Economy:… https://t.co/5Fa1S2apPT https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/965967266503372800
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Hub: Accelerating the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) Utilities sector through mobile money
Globally, 1.2 billion people lack access to electricity. The pay-as-you-go (PAYG) solar industry uses an ...Read more
The deployment of digital solutions in the so-called last mile of agricultural value chains allows ...Read more
Enjoy highlights from the #MobileMoneyHackathon hosted by GSMA, Karandaaz Pakistan, Telenor Bank and Jazz ...Read more
Our latest research report looks at ways that a number of humanitarian organisations have started to ...Read more
This report looks at the growth of mobile money in Latin America and the Caribbean between 2011 and 2016. ...Read more
Key stakeholders are coming together to digitise the last mile of agricultural value chains in Ghana
As part of a series of three country-focused reports that highlight pathways to digitising the last mile of ...Read more
In a 2016 blog, we argued that smartphones have the potential to drive innovation in product and user ...Read more
This blog was written by Amolo Ng’weno, East Africa Director at BFA. This is the second blog in a two-part ...Read more
This blog was written by Amolo Ng’weno, East Africa Director at BFA and is the first in a two-part series ...Read more