How can mobile operators and plastics organisations partner to address the plastic waste problem?
The mismanagement of plastic waste is a global challenge that must be urgently addressed if we are to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and meet targets set out in the 2015 Paris Agreement.
This GSMA webinar hosted by the ClimateTech programme features highlights from the GSMA report titled ‘Catalysing Partnerships in Plastics’ and discusses the importance of strengthening partnerships for circular economy solutions with key stakeholders innovating within the plastic waste sector. The panel of speakers explore the value of partnerships between plastic social enterprises and mobile operators in creating impactful solutions for plastic waste.
- Akanksha Sharma – Acting Head and Senior Director – ClimateTech and Digital Utilities
- Michael Munawa – General Manager, Clean City Africa
- Rahul Nainani – Co-Founder and CEO at ReCircle
- Clive Allison- Global Sustainability Director, Unilever
- Anna Colquhoun – Senior Insights Manager, ClimateTech, GSMA
For more information about The GSMA Mobile for Development ClimateTech Programme, visit our programme web page here.
The ClimateTech programme is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and supported by the GSMA and its members.