- .@GSMA’s Jade Nester spoke on the negative impact of #data localisation rules: Governments should instead embrace a… https://t.co/QtejSLTC7z https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/986647799541436417
- RT @GSMAAfrica: Dr. Raphael Koffi, Head of Telecommunication, ECOWAS: "I would like to call on the member states and all the key players:…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984461600294932480
- What mobile will do tomorrow is unimaginable and it holds so much opportunity says Wale Goodluck, Head of Sub Sahar… https://t.co/CC48oeO79s https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984399386556985346
- .@GSMA Launches Global Mobile Money Certification Scheme at #M360WA https://t.co/wzXUiy3rH9 https://t.co/qYylCUk85X https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984376392438747136
- In West Africa mobile money transactions account for 30.9% of the Sub-Saharan mobile money transactions. As a regio… https://t.co/jOQa3dephw https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984373574390730754
- West Africa’s homegrown tech startups are key to producing the local content which is necessary to ensure digital s… https://t.co/QC8gWSrdrG https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984372730152800257
- Connectivity holds the promise of providing a better future to all parts of society says @GSMA Chief Regulatory Off… https://t.co/f9zLNBgJVl https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984372343140175872
- We begin our Mobile 360 Series West Africa with an opening address from André Apété from the Ministry of Communicat… https://t.co/jN1yMAZBQU https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984370741658480640
- Up next we have an ECOWAS member state case study from Cape Verde. #M360WA https://t.co/amSJUZAkZv https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984111729322938368
- “Alone we may be able to go faster but together we will be able to go further.” A great quote to end the presenta… https://t.co/hmG1mw1jTY https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984106751497850880
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.