5G – The Path to the Next Generation
Fifth generation technology (5G) is ushering in a new era. Significantly, one where connectivity becomes more fluid and flexible. Not only that, but as the mobile industry transitions to 5G, opportunities for innovation will open up.
With this in mind, this four-week course covers the key aspects of 5G technology. While examining the role industry, governments and regulators can play in unlocking the benefits of future 5G service,s for consumers and businesses.
- Learn about the underlying technologies and concepts associated with 5G
- Discover the key differences between 5G and previous generations of mobile technology
- Understand the role operators, governments and regulators play in accelerating 5G (technology and services) in their countries
Price: £625 per person
20% discount available for GSMA Members when booking ten or more places on a course. We require a minimum of ten participants per company for this group course. Contact our sales team for more information.
Session 1: Introducing the 5G Era
Development of Mobile Technology
What is 5G?
4G versus 5G
Session 2: Global Status of 5G and Forecasts for Future Growth
5G Business Models
Initial Use Cases: Enhanced Mobile Broadband
Initial Use Cases: Fixed Wireless Access
Initial Use Cases: Internet of Things (IoT) and Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication (URLLC)
Session 3: Deployment Strategies and Evolution
Key Technical Enablers
Status of 5G Spectrum Across the Globe
Session 4: 5G and RF-EMF
- Chiefly, experienced regulatory or legal professionals who want to gain a broad understanding of the technology, policy and regulatory issues associated with 5G
- Also, individuals who have recently moved into a regulatory position, and need to quickly get up to speed on technical and regulator topics associated with 5G
- Finally, entry and mid-level engineering staff who understand many of the technical aspects of 5G, but need to gain knowledge of how policy and regulation may affect the development of 5G technologies and services in the future
- About the technology that makes 5G different from previous generations of mobile technology
- Also, an understanding of how 5G will impact business models in the telecoms industry
- Gain detailed knowledge of how 5G networks are being deployed. Plus the benefits and limitations of different deployment options
- Together with, new insights into 5G and electromagnetic fields. As well as the latest research into this topic
- In addition, a solid understanding of the policy and regulatory considerations associated with 5G technology and services
To begin with, the course consists of four sessions as outlined in the course agenda. So you can work at your own pace, you gain access to all of these sessions at the start of the course. Therefore, making it easy to fit your learning around work, family or personal commitments. While each session uses compelling visuals, clear audio commentary and lots of interactive elements to keep you engaged.
Retaining the knowledge
Also, you can revisit topics at any point to refresh your knowledge. In addition, there is a short, multiple choice quiz, after each session, to make sure you’ve retained the knowledge you learned. In order to move on to the next session, you need to pass this quiz.
Live video chats
During the course, there are four live video chat sessions with the course trainer. So you have the opportunity to ask questions about the content. Additionally, you can ask questions on the course forum. As well as using it to exchange knowledge with other students.
How much time you need
Firstly, to finish the course in four weeks, takes two to three hours of study time per week. Although, you have an additional three weeks to complete it. So the course is open to you for a total of seven weeks. However, if you decide to submit a final project, it is likely to take you four to six hours to put it together. Therefore, you can submit the final project at any point during the seven weeks.
To qualify for a course completion certificate, you must do the following. To begin with, view all the course sessions and correctly answer all the multiple choice quiz questions. Then, fill out the course survey to give us feedback on your experience.
The final project
So, you do not have to complete a final project to earn a course completion certificate. Although we strongly encourage you to create one. Since putting together a final project gives you an opportunity to reflect on the principles covered. While helping you discover how they could be applied to your own work. Not only that, but if you submit a final project, the course trainer provides you with valuable feedback. And, after all, this could help you in your day-to-day job.