This WebTalk will take place twice to accommodate different time zones:
Tuesday 2 June: 10:00 – 10:30 BST; 17:00 – 17:30 HKT; 19.00 – 19:30 AEST to support Europe & Asia Pacific
Thursday 4 June: 17:00 – 17:30 BST; 13:00 – 13:30 ART; 12.00 – 12:30 EDT; 09:00 – 09:30 PDT to support Europe & Americas
The GSMA has worked with manufacturers and network operators from around the world to deliver the latest service, GSMA Network Settings Exchange. The momentum is growing with more than 200 OEMs who have already signed up to access network settings.
Now the GSMA invites global operators and virtual mobile operators to come on board and share their network settings efficiently in one place and ensure customers enjoy the very best experience from the moment their SIM is turned on.
In this WebTalk learn about:
- The impact of open market devices to MNOs, MVNOs and their subscribers especially with 4G and 5G smartphones requiring over the air provisioning
- When OEMs choose default settings instead of the very latest individual operator settings why this impacts negatively for VoLTE and ViLTE service launches
- Which key aspects of the settings are unique to the MNO or MVNO and must be shared with all OEMs, whose devices are present on the network
- How to ensure a smooth transition from 2G and 3G into 4G and 5G services
- GSMA Network Settings Exchange live demo
|5 min||Moderator welcome and introductions|
|10 min||Live demonstration of GSMA Network Settings Exchange in action|
|5 min||Q&As + Closing remarks|
Meeting Moderator, GSMA
Marilyn has over 20 years’ experience working in the mobile telecommunications sector. London based, she has global responsibility for client relations across all GSMA device services, supporting our members, enterprise and service provider customer base.
Meeting Moderator, GSMA
Edward is responsible for client relations across GSMA devices services spanning the large APAC region, based in Hong Kong he supports all our members, enterprise and service provider customer base.
Henry is Head of Future Networks, a key GSMA programme focussed on delivering industry scale for IP communications and 5G. A networks veteran he is very aware of the challenges the industry faces during 5G transition, most especially the issues the increase of open market devices place on operator networks. Henry is based in London.
As Head of Devices Services at GSMA, Adrian has been responsible for the launch of all GSMA device services including GSMA Network Settings Exchange. Adrian is based in London.
Tyler is the Product Manager for GSMA Network Settings Exchange and will open the platform to show a live demonstration of how settings can be uploaded, amended and access controlled. Tyler is based in Atlanta.