Spectrum Management for Mobile Telecommunications
In general, this four-week course considers the history and technical evolution of mobile telecommunications. Before moving on to cover the core functions of the spectrum manager. Therefore, participants will learn about how spectrum is used and the characteristics of spectrum bands. As well as the progression of mobile technologies.
Also, the course covers the principles of spectrum planning at national and international levels. Such as a deep dive into spectrum licencing. In addition, an overview of regulatory issues related to spectrum.
- Firstly, to understand the processes and approaches to spectrum allocation and licensing
- Also, to learn how spectrum management is changing in the ever-evolving communications sector
- Finally, to understand how the concepts can be applied to the spectrum conditions in your own country
Price: £625 per person
20% discount available for GSMA Members when booking ten or more places on a course. We require a minimum of ten participants per company for this group course. Contact our sales team for more information.
Session 1: Introduction
Session 2: The Macro View: Economic Benefits of Mobile
The Rise of Mobile Data
Session 3: Introducing Spectrum Management
Spectrum for Mobile
Session 4: Spectrum Licensing for Mobile and Policy Considerations
Spectrum Pricing and Encouraging investment
Session 5: Using the Digital Dividend to Enable Mobile Broadband
Session 6: Spectrum for Backhaul
Session 7 Regulation in a Changing Mobile Landscape
Spectrum for IoT
Creating the 5G Future
- Particularly, individuals who have recently moved into a regulatory position and need to gain a broad understanding of spectrum, and how it is regulated around the world
- Also, mid-level regulatory or legal professionals who need a solid understanding of the latest issues related to spectrum
- Entry and mid-level engineering staff who understand many of the technical aspects of spectrum, but need to gain knowledge of how spectrum is regulated and managed at a national and international level
- Chiefly, to learn how spectrum is used by the mobile industry. Along with the importance and characteristics of different spectrum bands
- Also, to understand how spectrum is managed at a national and international level
- In addition, to gain detailed knowledge of different spectrum allocation and licencing schemes
- While having new insights into key trends in spectrum pricing around the world
- As well as a solid understanding of the regulatory issues related to spectrum
To begin with, the course consists of four sessions as outlined in the course agenda. So you can work at your own pace, you gain access to all of these sessions at the start of the course. Therefore, making it easy to fit your learning around work, family or personal commitments. While each session uses compelling visuals, clear audio commentary and lots of interactive elements to keep you engaged.
Retaining the knowledge
Moreover, you can revisit topics at any point to refresh your knowledge. In addition, there is a short, multiple choice quiz, after each session, to make sure you’ve retained the knowledge you learned. In order to move on to the next session, you need to pass this quiz.
Live video chats
During the course, there are four live video chat sessions with the course trainer. So you have the opportunity to ask questions about the content. Furthermore, you can ask questions on the course forum. As well as using it to exchange knowledge with other students.
How much time you need
Firstly, to finish the course in four weeks, takes two to three hours of study time per week. Although, you have an additional three weeks to complete it. So the course is open to you for a total of seven weeks. However, if you decide to submit a final project, it is likely to take you four to six hours to put it together. Therefore, you can submit the final project at any point during the seven weeks.
To qualify for a course completion certificate, you must do the following. To begin with, view all the course sessions and correctly answer all the multiple choice quiz questions. Then, fill out the course survey to give us feedback on your experience.
The final project
So, you do not have to complete a final project to earn a course completion certificate. Although we strongly encourage you to create one. Since putting together a final project gives you an opportunity to reflect on the principles covered. While helping you discover how they could be applied to your own work. Not only that, but if you submit a final project, the course trainer provides you with valuable feedback. And, after all, this could help you in your day-to-day job.