The IoT Knowledgebase: the ultimate operator-focused policy and regulatory resource
One of the notable features of the IoT landscape this year has been the growing emphasis on policy and regulation. Now, more than ever, governments across the globe are focussing on the IoT. Earlier this year the UK budget included a pledge to fund the IoT, the Indian Government released their M2M Roadmap and the U.S. Senate had a breakthrough discussion on the need for a well regulated Internet of Things.
These are just a few examples of how governments and legislatures around the world are responding to the growing IoT opportunity. Policymakers are now engaging more seriously on issues such as security, privacy, connection efficiency and the need for light and flexible regulation. Operators, with their intimate knowledge of global markets and strong horizontal relationships, are in a prime position to assist governments with their IoT policy and help shape the IoT.
The GSMA IoT Knowledgebase has been developed to help GSMA Members understand more about new services and enablers in the growing IoT ecosystem, and contains a wide range of unique and useful policy and regulatory resources including:
- Established GSMA positions on policy and regulation
- Research papers and case studies to assist mobile operators in determining their own policy and regulatory strategies and processes
- Insight of best practices and market trends
- Statistics on IoT growth and its socio-economic impact
- Key policy themes discussed by regulatory agencies
- Examples of regional market interventions
- Examples of deployments in specific verticals such as Automotive, Health, Learning and Smart Cities