- Did you know that the #M4DUtilities Innovation Fund has awarded grants to 34 organisations across four continents? https://t.co/5v9YKZfZ6u https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/736225595852509184
- What we learn from our initiatives help us and our partners create better plans for the future: https://t.co/kSxviTnt29 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/736180347503804416
- The #SEAsian #Internet Economy is expected to grow by USD 200 billion by 2025: https://t.co/5dsJBFYUFs #EcosystemAcc https://t.co/paWPNb312L https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/736151285548912640
- #African startups have secured more investment but there's still room to grow: https://t.co/OmgeCoo8cR #EcosystemAcc https://t.co/6fyMUyWPKH https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/736114789404016641
- Wondering how to market #rural VAS? Our #mAgri Toolkit 2.0 is here to help: https://t.co/7cgBlcOkx8 #M4D https://t.co/Pgs6TJvg6f https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/735778811468349444
Digital Identity Programme
Enabling digital identity through the power of mobile
Our mission is to leverage mobile as a solution for a unique, secure and scalable form of identity, catalysing greater socio-economic impact in emerging markets.
Proof of identity is a prerequisite to socio-economic development and essential to accessing basic services, adding value to millions of lives. The GSMA Digital Identity programme is working with mobile operators, governments and the development community to demonstrate the opportunities, barriers and value of mobile as a scalable and trusted solution to providing a unique and secure identification.
We aim to use mobile to enable a trusted and robust digital identity for the underserved, leading to greater social, political and economic inclusion and bringing visibility to the people and places where it matters most.
Mandatory registration of prepaid SIM cards is a policy that a number of governments have adopted in recent ...Read more
There is no technology as pervasive and accessible as the mobile phone. It has extended across geographies, ...Read more
Big data continued to win the buzzword popularity contest in 2015. Big data for development (D4D) has been ...Read more