- RT @MatsGranrydGSMA: Just leaving London heading for Tanzania and Dar es Salam and our m360 event in Africa. Focus will be on mobile money…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/757319245390897152
- RT @jencasswell: Thank you @mkopasolar @daviddamberger & team for site visit with @GSMAm4d #M4DUtilities Working Group #solar #mobile https…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/757319133453254656
- RT @H2Oyeah: Mobile Water quality testing with @mWaterCo at @GSMAm4d #m4dutilities Africa working group. #mapWASH #ict4d https://t.co/x7cl3 …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/757223707253305344
- Congrats to our runners up! Wp-Malipu!! https://t.co/arNd8Tqcr4 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/757222569124724736
- RT @gsmammu: And the winner of the GSMA #mobilemoney #MMAPI2016 hackathon ...#Jumo! @kyrelos @mwaaas @okalotieno @kimaniwamwangi Huge congr…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/757222438463758336
Digital Identity Programme
Enabling digital identity through the power of mobile
Our mission is to leverage mobile as a solution for a unique, secure and scalable form of identity, catalysing greater socio-economic impact in emerging markets.
Proof of identity is a prerequisite to socio-economic development and essential to accessing basic services, adding value to millions of lives. The GSMA Digital Identity programme is working with mobile operators, governments and the development community to demonstrate the opportunities, barriers and value of mobile as a scalable and trusted solution to providing a unique and secure identification.
We aim to use mobile to enable a trusted and robust digital identity for the underserved, leading to greater social, political and economic inclusion and bringing visibility to the people and places where it matters most.
Mandatory registration of prepaid SIM cards is a policy that a number of governments have adopted in recent ...Read more
There is no technology as pervasive and accessible as the mobile phone. It has extended across geographies, ...Read more
Big data continued to win the buzzword popularity contest in 2015. Big data for development (D4D) has been ...Read more