Open registration for the Latin American Communications Congress – 2017: first speakers and confirmed seminars
The most important event on telecommunications in Latin America will gather in Cartagena from the 20th to the 23rd of June the most relevant executives, ministers and academics of the region, specialized on the digital ecosystem. CLT17 is organized by the UIT, CAF, GSMA, ASIET and the CRC.
Bogotá D.C., June 25th 2017. The registry for the fifth edition of the Latin American Communications Congress 2017 (CLT17) is the most important annual event for discussing public ICT policies in Latin America has been opened. The congress will be held in the city of Cartagena between the 20th and the 23rd of June. Among the main speakers, ministers and regulators of the Latin American digital ecosystem have been confirmed, as well as some of the main executives, academics and representatives of international organizations of the sector.
Thus, in June, Cartagena will become the scenario for the most relevant discussion on telecommunications in Latin America, because the organization of the CLT17 is led by the United Nations International Telecommunications Union (ITU), CAF – Latin American Development Bank, the GSMA (Global Association of the Mobile Ecosystem), the Inter American Association of Telecommunications Companies (ASIET) and the CRC, with the support of the TIC Ministry of Colombia, the Industry and Commerce Superintendence (SIC) and the National Agency of the Spectrum (ANE).
The following are among the main speakers confirmed to date for the CLT17:
- David Luna, ICT Minister, Colombia
- Arun Sundararajan, NYU Professor and author of “The Sharing Economy”
- Daniel Castro, Vice President Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Josep Borrell, Former President of the European Parliament
- Bruno Ramos, Regional Director, Regional Office of the UIT for the Americas
- Alejandro Cantú Jiménez, Juridical Director, América Móvil
- Carlos López Blanco, General Director of Public Affairs and Regulation, Telefónica
- Karim Lesina, Vice President for International External Affairs, AT&T
- Natalia Piergentili, Sub Secretary of Economy, Chile, Pacific Alliance Presidency
- Germán Darío Arias, Executive Director CRC, Colombia
- Eduardo Navarro, CEO, Telefónica Brasil
- Daniel Bernal, Assistant Director of Regulatory Affairs, América Móvil
- Isabelle Mauro, Head Digital Communications Industry, World Economic Forum
- Rachel Samren, Chief External Affairs Officer & Executive Vice President, Millicom
- Oscar Robles, Executive Director, LACNIC
- Juan Carlos Archila, International Relations Director, América Móvil
- Katrina Naut, President COMTELCA
- Dennis Fernandez, Strategy, Regulation and Wholesale Business VP, Telefónica Peru
With the participation of these actors of the mobile ecosystem, during the Plenary Session of the CLT17 (Tuesday, 20th and Wednesday, 21th of June), public policies for developing the Digital Ecosystem in Latin America will be discussed, particularly the role of the States and the promotion of investment and innovation, as well as the guidelines for advancing towards the appropriate regulatory frameworks for the convergence era. Consideration will be given to the contribution of the mobile industry to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, among other matters.
The regional encounter will also include a series of of parallel seminars and meetings which will complete an intense week of activities for the regional ICT industry:
- CRC Workshop – Strategy for promoting the digital economy in Colombia (Tuesday 20th – 9:00)
- Workshop Secretary of Communications and Transportation, Mexico – Broadband for all in Mexico: Projects for promoting universal access (Thursday 22nd – 9:00)
- CAF Workshop – Education for the 21st Century: Education, Connectivity and technological advancement in the Educational System (Thursday 22nd – 11:00)
- GSMA Workshop – Redefining the regulatory frameworks for digital inclusion (Thursday 22nd – 14:00)
- CPR LATAM Meeting: academic network of research centers with the purpose of building knowledge on the social economic and political impact of ICTs (Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd)
The CLT is a space for debating and exchanging on public digital policies that gathers the most important actors and organizations of the region. Therefore, it is the ideal arena for defining a new work agenda to face the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities for developing the TIC and the Digital Economy in Latin America.
The event has the support by the Latin America & Caribbean Network Information Center (LACNIC), Internet Society (ISOC) and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the National Spectrum Agency (ANE), the National Television Authority (ANTV) and the Industry and Commerce Superintendence (SIC).
Press registration: Please visit special link for attending media and fill in the form with your data.
Event Hashtag: #CLT17
Organizers Twitter: @ITU @AgendaCAF @asiet_lat @GSMALatam @CRCCol
Seat: Convention Center, Las Américas Hotel. Cartagena, Colombia.