We continue to monitor how internet performance is holding up in the face of COVID-19 and are now making the data available as a CSV. Some of the larger stories we saw in the past week were:
- Global download speeds over mobile and fixed broadband returned to their baseline levels.
- Compared with the baseline week of March 2, 2020, mean download speed over fixed broadband was down 34% in Peru, 27% in Afghanistan and 25% in Moldova.
- Lebanon’s mean download speed over fixed broadband was up 83% when compared with the baseline week, while Qatar’s was up 38%. Taiwan saw a 34% increase in mean download speed and Iraq’s was up 33%.
- Mean download speed over mobile was down 41% in Sri Lanka when compared to the baseline week. Ethiopia saw a 32% decrease.
- Trinidad and Tobago saw an 87% increase in mobile download speed when compared to the baseline while Iraq was up 60% and Hong Kong was up 47%.
For more detailed information and to see data for your country, read the full article on Insights.