GSMA Names 26-Member Board to Serve from January 2021 through December 2022
16 November 2020, London: The GSMA has elected new members of the GSMA Board of Directors for the two years from January 2021 through December 2022. The GSMA Board comprises the world’s largest operator groups and smaller independent operators with global reach.
“We thank the GSMA Board for its exceptional support during what has been a challenging year. The Board’s insight, direction and support were integral as we navigated difficult decisions,” said GSMA Director General, Mats Granryd. “There has never been a more crucial moment for the mobile ecosystem to work together, unlocking the full power of connectivity so that people, industry and society thrive.”
The GSMA is a global organisation unifying the mobile industry. Our efforts are dedicated across three areas: industry knowledge, technological advancements and human progress. We do this by bringing people together, sharing trusted expertise and curating marketplaces for buyers and sellers.
GSMA Board Members for the 2021-2022 Term
There are 26 members of the GSMA Board. Members include senior representatives from global mobile operators. The GSMA Board for the 2021-2022 term includes:
- Stéphane Richard, Chairman and CEO, Orange Group
- Juan Carlos Archila, EVP International Affairs, América Móvil
- Susan Johnson, Executive Vice President, Global Connections and Supply Chain, AT&T
- Izzaddin Idris, Group CEO (from 1st Jan 2021), Axiata
- Gopal Vittal, CEO, Bharti Airtel Group
- Gao Tongqing, Executive Vice President, China Mobile
- Liu Guiqing, Executive Vice President, China Telecom
- Mai Yanzhou, Senior Vice President, China Unicom
- Dominique Leroy, Board Member for Europe, Deutsche Telekom Group
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Christian Salbaing, Deputy Chairman, Europe, CK Hutchison
- Makoto Takahashi, CEO, KDDI
- Hyeonmo Ku, President and CEO, KT
- Ralph Mupita, Group President and CEO, MTN
- Alexey Kornya, President and CEO, MTS
- Motoyuki Ii, President and CEO, NTT DOCOMO (incoming)
- Mathew Oommen, President and Member of the Board of Directors, Reliance Jio
- Yuen Kuan Moon, Group CEO (from 1st Jan 2021), Singtel
- Nasser Al Nasser, Group CEO, STC
- Luigi Gubitosi, CEO and General Manager, Telecom Italia
- Julio Linares López, Member of the Board of Telefonica Companies, Telefonica Group
- Sigve Brekke, President and CEO, Telenor
- Andrew Penn, Group CEO, Telstra
- Kaan Terzioğlu, Group Co-CEO, VEON
- Rima Qureshi, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Verizon
- Ahmed Essam, Chief Commercial Operations and Strategy Officer, Vodafone Group
About the GSMA
We produce the annual MWC events in Barcelona, Shanghai, Los Angeles and, for the first time in 2021, MWC Africa in Kigali, Rwanda. Our global set of regional convening events also includes the M360 series. This year, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we launched our GSMA Thrive series of virtual events. Our media service, Mobile World Live, provides broadcast and industry news information to more than 160,000 subscribers.
For more than 30 years, GSMA Working Groups have gathered the industry to solve practical problems. This technology work supports the whole mobile ecosystem by creating frameworks, standards and cross-industry solutions. Areas of focus include roaming, fraud, security, 5G, IoT and collaboration with adjacent sectors.
Our advocacy work brings together the public and private sector to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges. For example, expanding digital inclusion and literacy; improving access to spectrum; modernising regulation; protecting privacy; aligning the industry on climate action. By harnessing mobile services with our Mobile for Development work, we are proud to have improved the lives of 93 million people. And, we report annually on the mobile industry’s progress against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We’re helping mobile operators capture new revenue or generate cost savings with our industry services and solutions that address key industry challenges. These services include GSMA Intelligence, the definitive source of global mobile operator data, analysis and forecasts. Research topics include 5G, IoT, media convergence and mobile trends.
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators and nearly 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For more information contact the GSMA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org