With GSMA Device Map, provided by DeviceAtlas, you can access the rich device intelligence you need for advanced network planning and fast, accurate analytics.
Time network rollout and sunset accurately with the right data
With more and more people using apps and social media platforms for communication, cloud services and streaming content, cellular networks are under increasing strain. Those networks that meet the broad needs of a varied customer base optimise will emerge the strongest.
So this is a critical time for MNOs worldwide as they plan how and when to rollout 4G and 5G services. At the same time, they must choose whether to sunset existing 2G and 3G to increase the bandwidth available.
These are vital business decisions that need careful planning and accurate intelligence. What devices are connected to my network? What are their 4G/5G capabilities? Just as important is information on the numbers and location of devices on the network that are still relying on 2G and 3G. This can inform the decision on whether these networks can be sunsetted immediately or whether a more staggered approach is required.
The accurate, up-to-date device intelligence MNOs need is available through GSMA Device Map.
GSMA Device Map: authoritative device data from the source
Because all mobile and IoT device manufacturers register their products with GSMA as part of our TAC allocation service, our data on device capabilities is comprehensive and accurate. Provided by DeviceAtlas, GSMA Device Map offers a unique combination of GSMA’s TAC data overlaid with an additional 150+ device attributes provided by a global network of sources.
GSMA Device Map is used extensively by MNOs, MVNOs, service providers and insurers worldwide to facilitate advanced analytics and operational metrics as it delivers:
- Precise device identification with 100% coverage
- Analytics of usage and claim profiles
- BYOD and roaming ongoing support
- Tracking IoT activity
- Intelligent mobile network planning
- Insight for targeted sales & marketing campaigns
- Customer service support
Coming soon: New attributes that reveal more about 4G/5G device capabilities
GSMA Device Map data already identifies devices that are using 4G/5G or have that capability. With the addition of new network performance-based data points, it will soon give even more granular intelligence relating to a mobile device’s capabilities and support of 4G and 5G services. The addition of data points such as QAM, MIMO and Uplink/Downlink speeds will indeed further increase GSMA Device Map’s effectiveness in facilitating accurate network and portfolio planning.
The key to rollout and sunset planning
With existing GSMA Device Map data and the new data attributes coming on stream, MNOs can plan with confidence. It is a vital component in successful network evolution.
GSMA Device Map gives MNOs the intelligence they need for:
- Network planning: Discover what kind of devices are connected to the networks – from those still using 2G/3G to those with 4G/5G capabilities? This can inform vital decisions on the timing of rollout and sunset.
- Portfolio planning: Through analytics on changing trends, GSMA Device Map can provide an insight into what an MNOs portfolio and traffic will look like over the next two years and how the network can best be set up to handle it.
- Upgrade marketing: Discover which market segments should be targeted with messages to upgrade to 4G or 5G at the right time.
- Customer insight: With accurate information on which devices support 2G/3G/4G or 5G, MNOs can tailor marketing and to these different segments with maximum effectiveness.
The essential device intelligence.
GSMA Device Map is designed to help MNOs and their service providers make more informed strategic decisions – enabling enhanced customer experience, improved network efficiency, and increased ROI from sales and marketing campaigns.
Contact Us to discover more,