|By Jill Cooper, Marketing Director, GSMA|
The region’s transition to the world of advanced communications was explored at this year’s Mobile 360 – Latin America, which took place in Mexico City 20-22 September 2016. The three-day event hosted many of the continent’s industry leaders in a variety of seminars, panel discussions, keynote speeches and interactive demonstrations.
The event was opened by a keynote from Mats Granyrd, Director General, GSMA:
Mobile Messaging and RCS – Network 2020 Showcase the Universal Profile
The first day continued with discussions on the advancement of mobile technology and featured Google, América Móvil, Syniverse and Delta Partners, who discussed the latest developments in adoption across Latin America. Central to this was the GSMA’s RCS Universal Profile and Google initiative Jibe – announced earlier this year – which seeks to simplify and accelerate RCS adoption, to enable all operators to provide a globally interoperable messaging service across all Android devices, based on the GSMA’s RCS specifications.
Download presentations at the end of this page.
From left to right:
- Todd Parker, Business Development, Messaging – Google
- Sergio Collazo Llerandi, Value Added Services Engineering Manager – America Movil
- David O’Byrne, Project Director – GSMA
- Mary Clark, CMO – Syniverse
- Carlos Valdecantos, Partner – Delta Partners (Moderator)
Mary Clark, CMO – Syniverse: RCS is now – seamless user experience – one app!
Todd Parker, Business Development, Messaging – Google: Everything you need to launch RCS within 3 months
Todd Parker, Business Development, Messaging – Google: will introduce Plug-ins, Bots & Video to Messaging
On the second day, GSMA’s Network 2020 programme hosted a keynote session on Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) and the road to 5G. The keynote featured discussions between speakers from Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., and the GSMA Technical and Terminals group.
The final day featured Network 2020’s All-IP technology seminar. The seminar covered a broad range of topics, including the path to 3.5 billion RCS users, the technical development of VoLTE and VoWifi technologies, and the best methods with which to build healthy networks in Latin America.
- 4-Keynote 5G NFV, Qiu Heng, Huawei
- 5 – 5G NFV Keynote, Roberto Jorge Hernandez, America Movil
- 5G NFV Keynote, Hector Marin, Qualcomm
- 5G NFV Keynote, Jose Ayala, Ericsson
- Messaging and RCS, Sergio Collazo Llerandi, Telcel
- Messaging and RCS, David O’Byrne, GSMA
- Messaging and RCS, Mary Clark, Syniverse
See more of our upcoming events here.