2018 Glomo Awards Feature Revamped Categories to Reflect Industry Evolution
London: The GSMA today announced that the 2018 Global Mobile Awards (Glomo Awards) are now open for entry. The Glomo Awards honour the greatest achievements and innovations across the mobile industry, with 38 awards over eight categories. Entries for the 2018 awards will be accepted through Wednesday, 22 November 2017, with the winners announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress taking place 26 February – 1 March 2018 in Barcelona.
“Mobile now connects two-thirds of the world’s population and is constantly evolving,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Through the Glomo Awards, our industry will showcase the incredible innovation and creativity helping to keep us all connected now and in the future. We wish all entrants the best of luck.”
For 2018, the GSMA has refreshed the Glomo Award categories to reflect the changing shape of the mobile industry worldwide, and introduced new awards that highlight the most cutting-edge developments impacting the industry. The 2018 Glomo Awards will be presented within the following categories:
- Mobile Tech: This category will recognise the companies that are revolutionising the capabilities and reach of mobile and digital technologies. This category includes the coveted “Outstanding Mobile Technology Award (The CTOs’ Choice)”.
- Consumer: As consumers migrate to the connected age, this category will honour companies that have redefined the business-to-consumer relationship. Features include an award for “Best Overall Mobile Consumer Innovation (The Judges’ Choice)”.
- Fourth Industrial Revolution: This award category will distinguish key companies at the forefront of the digital shift, across seven market verticals. Highlights include a new award for “Best Mobile Innovation for Enterprise”, as well as the “Smart City Award (The Judges’ Choice)”, which will recognise the city authority that has raised the bar and embraced the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Device: This category has a strong reputation for recognising market leaders and celebrates achievements in hardware developments that are stimulating advances across the globe. For 2018, there will be a focus on new technologies that change how consumers interact with devices.
- Content & Media: This category will award the companies who are truly innovating and creating platforms that inform, educate and entertain everyone, everywhere. This category will showcase the imagination within this global trend with two new awards for “Best Mobile Game” and “Best Content and Media Innovation”.
- Social Good: ‘Creating a Better Future’ is the overarching theme for Mobile World Congress 2018, and this category underscores the mobile industry’s commitment to connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Awards in this category will honour the companies who are dedicated to this ideology and improving the lives of communities most in need.
- Government Excellence Awards: Traditionally, this award category honours governments that have fostered the true spirit of digitisation in their national agendas. This year, an additional award has been introduced to recognise the government that has pushed the boundaries of innovation.
- Outstanding Achievement: This category celebrates individuals and organisations that have made a remarkable contribution to the digital community.
Details on Entering the Glomo Awards
The Glomo Awards 2018 are open to companies across the entire mobile ecosystem and may be entered online; complete information on the Glomo Awards, including the full list of categories, award criteria and deadlines, can be found at www.mobileworldcongress.com/conference-programmes/global-mobile-awards-2018/.
The awards will be judged by independent experts, analysts, journalists, academics, and, in some cases, mobile operator representatives. The winner of the “Outstanding Mobile Technology Award (The CTOs’ Choice)” will be selected by a panel of industry-leading CTOs from the worldwide operator community.
Select awards will be nominated by judges or by an independent panel of experts and will not be open for online entry. The submission of video to support entries is strongly encouraged by the awards judges. Entries for the Glomo Awards close on Wednesday, 22 November 2017 and the GSMA will announce the shortlist of nominations for each category by late January 2018.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/networking/.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 20 7067 0749
GSMA Press Office