Huawei Signs as Global Industry Supporter for Mobile 360 Series of Conferences; Orange Joins as Platinum Sponsor of Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security and CM Groep as Silver Sponsor
London: The GSMA today announced additional speakers for the 2016 Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security conference taking place 10-11 May at the Hilton The Hague in The Netherlands. Orange has been confirmed as Platinum for Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security, CM Groep as Silver Sponsor and Huawei has signed on as Global Industry Supporter for the full Mobile 360 Series of conferences taking place throughout 2016. In cooperation with The Hague Security Delta and The Municipality of The Hague, Mobile 360 Series – Privacy & Security will include a combination of keynote speakers, panel discussions, technology demonstrations and in-depth case studies that address the growing importance of privacy and security globally.
“We’re excited to be exploring the topics of security and privacy in such depth and with such a wide range of industries and companies,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “With our partners at The Hague Security Delta and The Municipality of The Hague, we will examine the state of network security and data privacy today, as well as best practices across a variety of industry sectors.”
“It is great to see the GSMA choose The Hague as their destination for the Mobile 360 Privacy & Security event,” said Deputy Mayor of the city of The Hague Ingrid van Engelshoven. “As the cyber security capital of Europe with 400 security businesses employing 13,400 people, The Hague proactively supports and facilitates innovation. ‘The Hague Security Delta’ is the largest security cluster of European businesses, governments and knowledge institutions working together to contribute to a safer and more secure world.
The GSMA recently confirmed several additional speakers for the conference, including:
- Thomas Mercier, Head of Europe, AppCarousel
- John Slamecka, EMEA Regional VP Global Business, AT&T
- James Hatch, Director, Cyber Services, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Fredrik Forslund, Director, Blancco Technology Group
- Zia Hayat, Chief Executive Officer, Callsign
- Paul Makin, Principal Consultant, Consult Hyperion
- Jan Vekemans, Technical Director, Cryptique
- Dave Palmer, Chief Technology Officer, Darktrace
- Basar Polat, Regional Director, Detecon Consulting
- Mats Nilsson, Director, Ericsson
- Richard Boorsboom, General Manager, HackerOne
- Ida Haisma, Executive Director, Hague Security Delta
- John Howie, Chief Privacy Officer, Consumer Business Unit, Huawei
- Christopher Donahue, Chief Executive Officer, Liquid Communications
- Jim Morrish, Founder and Chief Research Officer, Machina Research
- Jan Kok, Technology Security Officer, Nokia
- Dr. Antonio Mauro, Head of Security and Compliance Assurance, Octo Telematics
- Denis Joannides, Chief Executive Officer, Onegini
These executives, as well as other business leaders and subject matter experts speaking at Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security, will participate in a range of sessions on privacy and security including:
- The Great Privacy Debate: With personal data legislation in flux and facing pressures from security services, advertisers, privacy activists and legislators, how should companies address these issues today while preparing for the future?
- Meet the Hacker: This session offers executives the opportunity to meet hackers face-to-face to discuss their motivations, activities and techniques.
- Improving Customer QoE: Access and Authentication: Attendees will learn how to facilitate customer access to services and information while creating barriers to thwart potential lawbreakers.
- Detection, Resilience and Recovery for the Digital Enterprise: A hack or data breach can be a disaster for a company or it may be just an inconvenience. This session will examine the business and technology elements companies must consider in ensuring data security.
- Security as an Investment: The Case for the CFO and General Counsel: Digital security and privacy rights have implications across the entire organisation, including financial executives and general counsels. Attendees will hear about the direct and tangible financial benefits enabled through stronger data management and more robust security architectures.
Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security Registration Now Open
Registration for Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security/#register. Press and industry analysts wishing to apply for accreditation to Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security should contact email@example.com; the press team will provide the criteria for accreditation and further information on the application process.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security
The 2016 GSMA Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security conference is the first in a series of seven regional and industry-focused events held in major cities across the world. For full information on Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security, including the agenda and speakers, please visit www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security (#m360PS) and the Mobile 360 series (#mobile360) on Twitter @GSMA and on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 7917 298428
GSMA Press Office