Winners to be announced at the Mobile Asia Congress in Macau
The GSM Association (GSMA), the global trade association for mobile operators, has today announced a shortlist of 25 nominees for its inaugural Asia Mobile Awards 2007, plus eight finalists in the Asia Mobile Innovation Awards that will be contested and presented at the forthcoming Mobile Asia Congress in Macau (November 12-15 2007).
Judged by independent analysts, journalists and industry experts, the winners of the Asia Mobile Awards will be presented on the evening of Tuesday 13th November 2007 during the GSMA’s Mobile Asia Congress Gala Party at the Venetian Hotel in Macau. The host for the awards will be Taiwanese actor, VJ and TV star, David Wu. The Asia Mobile Awards have been open to players from across the industry that provide mobile products and services that are commercially available in at least one Asian market.
The nominees for the Asia Mobile Awards 2007 are:
Category 1: Mobile Entertainment Awards
Best Mobile Game
- Gamevil – Nom Series
- ZIO Interactive – Crazy Family
- Gameloft – Real Football 2007
- Advanced Mobile Applications – AMA Date Doctor
- Hutchison Telecom (HK) – Shall We Dog?
Best Mobile Music Service
- China Mobile – Mobile Music Club (MMC)
- RealNetworks – RealNetworks Multi-Service Platform
- Bharti Airtel – Song Catcher
- PCCW Mobile HK – MOOV on Mobile
- Bharti Airtel – Airtel Live / Music on Demand
Category 2: Best Mobile Advertising
- Telibrahma Convergent Communications – The Forum Mall, Bangalore
- KT Freetel – Be Gone, Thick Wallets!
- Maxis Communications Berhad – Music Sneak Peek
- Zad Mobile, Smart Communications and Pepsi – 1-IN-5 Panalo Summer Promo
- Sony Digital Entertainment Services – Happy Cycle
Category 3: Best Mobile Social Networking Service
- MobileOne – M1 MeTV
- BuzzCity Pte Lts – myGamma
- Hutchison Telecom (HK) – ShowMe!
- FunkySexyCool – FunkySexyCool
- Hong Kong CSL Limited – freeBlog
Category 4: Best Mobile Broadband Handset / Device
- LG – Shine 3G Phone
- Novatel Wireless – Ovation MC950D Wireless USB Modem for HSDPA/HSUPA
- Samsung – SGH-F500
- Motorola – MOTORAZR2 V9
- Samsung – SGH-U700
More information about the Asia Mobile Award nominees can be found at:
Earlier this year, the GSMA set up its Mobile Innovation Programme to help small and medium-sized companies developing innovative mobile products and services reach mobile operators and bring their innovations to end-users. The programme is designed to stimulate and showcase innovation around mobile services and better align innovators with the needs of the mobile industry and its customers.
Eight finalists across four categories in the GSMA Asia Mobile Innovation awards will pitch their products and services at the Mobile Innovation Summit in Macau on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th November. Senior executives from mobile operators have reviewed more than 50 entries to select eight category finalists. A winner for each category will be presented at the summit, with one overall Mobile Innovation Award winner presented at the Congress Gala Party in Macau on the evening of 13th November. The eight finalists for the Asia Mobile Innovation awards are:
Most Innovative Wireless Device-centric Technology
- Red Bend Software, USA
- Telegent Systems, USA
Most Innovative Carrier Infrastructure or Platform
- AdaptiveMobile Security, Ireland
- 3ple-Media, Netherlands
Most Innovative Mobile Application in a Vertical Market
- Toro, Taiwan
- Integra Micro Systems, India
Most innovative Consumer Application or Service
- Consilient, USA
- Createcna, Spain
More information on the GSMA Mobile Innovation Programme can be found at:www.mobileinnovation.org
About the GSMA:
The GSMA (The GSM Association) is the global trade association representing more than 700 GSM mobile phone operators across 218 countries and territories of the world. In addition, more than 200 manufacturers and suppliers support the Association’s initiatives as key partners.
For more information please contact:
For the GSM Association:
Mark Smith or David Pringle