London: The GSMA today outlined the first details of the 2016 Mobile 360 Series – Latin America conference, which will take place 20-22 September at the Hyatt Regency in Mexico City. The thought leadership conference, which forms part of the 2016 GSMA Mobile 360 Series of events, will highlight the latest innovations in the region and will feature experts from leading mobile operators, ecosystem players and companies in adjacent industry sectors.
“Mobile is making a vital contribution to economic growth in Latin America, as well as tackling a range of social challenges, such as closing the digital divide and bringing financial inclusion to previously underserved populations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “However, the rapid adoption of more advanced devices and higher speed network coverage means that mobile technology has the potential to play a much more significant role in the future. Mobile 360 – Latin America will convene decision makers from across the industry to discuss how mobile will support future innovation.”
Mobile 360 – Latin America will address the main opportunities and challenges facing the mobile industry today. Delegates will have the opportunity to explore and discuss key drivers of innovation in the region, including the Internet of Things, connected cars, mobile identity, mobile money, 5G, media and advertising, among others.
The Mobile 360 – Latin America conference programme will offer perspectives from across the mobile and technology landscape. The first two days will feature a series of high-level presentations and panel discussions on the most pressing trends and issues in mobile, while day three will incorporate the GSMA Latin America Plenary No. 44 for GSMA members, with a series of themed workshops presented by GSMA Latin America Working Groups. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss more in-depth technical, regulatory and commercial aspects of new and existing services.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Daniel Hajj Aboumrad, CEO, América Móvil
- Alejandro Magaña, CEO of Transfer, América Móvil
- Sergio Collazo, Value Added Services Engineering Manager for Mexico and América Móvil
- Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO, AT&T Mexico
- Jordi Botifoll, President, Latin America Theater, Cisco
- Jeffery McElfresh, President, DirecTV Latin America
- Jaime Aparicio, Regional Managing Director, Easy Taxi
- Sergio Quiroga da Cunha, Head of Region Latin America, Ericsson
- Laila Robak, Vice President, Latin America and Caribbean, GlobalSign
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Sebastian Cabello, Head of Latin America, GSMA
- Alex Sayago, Director, Sales and Marketing Latin America, John Deere
- Gustavo Mansur, Business Development, Skype, Bing and Office, Microsoft
- Mauricio Ramos, CEO, Millicom
- David Gilarranz, Vice President, Digital and Innovation, Millicom
- Dimitri Diliani, Head of Latin America, Nokia
- Martin Wessel, Head of Technology Evolution, Personal Argentina
- Salvador Blasco, Vice President, Country Head, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Mexico
- Mary Clark, Chief Marketing Officer, Syniverse
- Matías Botbol, CEO, Taringa!
- Oscar Mancebo Ortiz, Head of Mobile Connect, Telefónica
- Carlos Alberto Morales, CEO, Telefónica Mexico
- Daniel Barrientos, Vice President, Digital and Mobile Financial Services, Tigo El Salvador (Millicom)
- Luis Minoru, Chief Strategy Officer, TIM Brasil
- Daniel Fuchs, Chief Innovation Officer, Vodafone Brazil
- Mariano Amartino, Global CEO, Wayra
Calling All Start-Ups!
Underlining this year’s focus on innovation, the conference will feature the “Innovation Showcase” with a panel discussion of venture capitalists, investors and industry experts sharing their views on what makes a successful telecommunications venture today. A number of Latin American start-ups will get the chance to pitch their companies to the expert panel and audience, with the winner being granted the exciting opportunity to speak at Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona.
Mobile 360 – Latin America Event Sponsors and Media Partners
América Móvil and Telcel have been confirmed as Host Sponsors for the event, AT&T as Platinum Sponsor, Ericsson and Telefónica as Gold Sponsors and BICS, Digital Turbine, Planetary Power and Syniverse as Silver Sponsors. Huawei is the Global Industry Supporter for the full Mobile 360 Series of conferences taking place throughout 2016. Media partners for the conference include BIT Magazine, Grupo Eletrolar, Mediatelecom and Silicon Week.
Registration for Mobile 360 – Latin America
Registration for Mobile 360 – Latin America is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/#register. For a limited period, attendees can purchase a conference pass at a 25 per cent discount.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Latin America
The 2016 GSMA Mobile 360 Series – Latin America is the fourth in a series of seven industry-focused events held in major cities across the world. For more information, including how to attend or exhibit, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Latin America on Twitter, using the #m360LatAm hashtag or following @GSMA, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
Tatiana Cantoni (Brazil)
+ 55 11 95210-2225
GSMA 360 Press Office