Brussels: The GSMA announced today that European Commission Vice-President for the Digital Single Market, Andrus Ansip, and Günther Oettinger, EU Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, as well as Alexander De Croo, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda, Telecom and Postal Services, will speak at the Mobile 360 Series – Europe conference taking place on Tuesday, 14 June at The Egg, Brussels. The event will bring together EU policy and industry leaders to explore trends and innovation across the rapidly evolving mobile ecosystem. It will also examine how the mobile ecosystem can contribute to driving growth, competitiveness and job creation across all European sectors.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Vincent Rousselet, VP, Market Insight and Strategy, Amdocs
- David Maidment, Lead Mobile Strategist, ARM
- Mark Page, Managing Partner, UK and Ireland, A.T. Kearney
- Tom Platt, Commercial Director, BCSG
- Philippe Defraigne, Founding Director, Cullen International
- Andrus Ansip, Vice-President for the Digital Single Market, European Commission
- Günther H. Oettinger, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, European Commission
- Tal Brockmann, CEO, Finnovest
- Aideen O’Colmain, Corporate Wellness Director, FitBit
- Jon Fredrik Baksaas, Chairman, GSMA
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Peter Globokar, MD, Mooreland Partners
- Pierre Louette, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Sébastien Deletaille, Co-Founder and CEO, Real Impact Analytics
- Janice Hughes, Co-Founder & Director, Redshift
- Guy Stiebel, VP, Product Development and Marketing, Scanovate
- Roi Carthy, CMO, Shine Technologies
- Lars Torstensson, EVP Group Communication and Strategy, Tele2
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium and Minister of Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda, Telecom and Postal Services
- Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
The event will highlight the impact that 5G technologies will have in the coming years, with a particular focus on enterprise services, financial technology, media and wearable devices. It will also examine the opportunities these mobile and digital technologies can provide in a European Digital Single Market. Furthermore, it will discuss how different industries and policy makers can work in partnership to ensure digital policies can enable mobile’s potential in the European Union.
“Today, Europe has a chance to pave the way for digital innovation and leadership in the global mobile ecosystem. We believe that exchanging ideas and debating the current barriers, as well as solutions, at events like Mobile 360 – Europe can significantly contribute to driving economic growth and social progress across the region,” said Afke Schaart, Vice President Europe, GSMA. “We look forward to continuing the dialogue and debate amongst all key stakeholders in the mobile ecosystem.”
Mobile 360 – Europe Registration Now Open
Registration for Mobile 360 – Europe is now open. Individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/europe/#register. Press and industry analysts wishing to apply for accreditation to Mobile 360 – Europe should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The press team will provide the criteria for accreditation and further information on the application process.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Europe
The 2016 GSMA Mobile 360 – Europe conference is part of a series of seven regional and industry-focused events held in major cities across the world. For full information on Mobile 360 – Europe, including the agenda and speakers, please visit www.mobile360series.com/europe. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Europe (#m360Europe) and the Mobile 360 series (#mobile360) on Twitter @GSMA and on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series.
Mobile 360 – Europe 2016 sponsors and partners
Global Industry Supporter: Huawei
Exclusive Sponsor: Ericsson
Official Media Partner: Mobile World Live
Global Partner: Mobile World Capital Barcelona
Supporting Partners: Cullen International, EurActiv, The European Sting, GlobalPlatform, The Mobile Network, SIMalliance, Smart Insights, Telco Professionals, Telecompaper
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For the GSMA:
+32 (0) 492 46 73 04
GSMA 360 Press Office: