Brussels: The GSMA today announced that Mr Günther Oettinger, Commissioner for Digital Economy & Society, will speak at the GSMA Mobile 360 Series – Europe conference taking place on Thursday, 3 December. The conference, which will be held at The Egg in Brussels, will bring together EU policy makers and thought leaders to discuss the key opportunities and challenges currently at play in the telecoms sector.
“Europe is at a crossroads in its transition towards becoming a global leader in the telecoms industry. Mr. Oettinger’s participation in the conference will further strengthen the debate and discussions needed to promote increased awareness both amongst industry leaders and the general public,” said Afke Schaart, Vice President Europe, GSMA.
The programme will drive the debate on how mobile and digital technologies are spurring innovation throughout the EU economy. The conference will also address how best to frame the planned Digital Single Market and Telecoms Framework Review to benefit consumers, businesses and governments whilst equally focussing on the impact that 5G technologies are set to deliver in the future.
Other speakers previously confirmed for the event include:
- David Maidment, Lead Mobile Strategist, ARM
- Tom Platt, Commercial Director, BCSG
- Christopher S. Yoo, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication and Computer & Information Science and Director, Center for Technology, Innovation & Competition, University of Pennsylvania
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, Minister for Digital Agenda and Telecoms
- Philippe Defraigne, Director, Cullen International
- Mario Campolargo, Director for Net Futures, DG Connect
- Michal Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Pierre Louette, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Janice Hughes, Co-Founder and Director, Redshift
- Roi Carthy, CMO, Shine Technologies
- Marco Patuano, CEO, Telecom Italia
- Lars Torstensson, EVP Group Communication and Strategy, Tele2
- Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
Showcase at Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The Showcase will run throughout the event and will offer attendees the opportunity to engage with the latest mobile technology innovations from our partners and GSMA programmes. The GSMA will provide a closer look at some of their own initiatives in areas such as Capacity Building, Connected Living, Digital Commerce, Network 2020, Personal Data and The Future of Regulation. For further detail on the Showcase, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/europe/#see.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Europe
For more information, including how to attend, exhibit or speak at the event, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/europe. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Europe on Twitter – @GSMA and #M360EU – and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gsma.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For the GSMA
Jeroen Rigole (Brussels)
+32 (0) 471 824262
GSMA 360 Press Office