Executives from Claro, Digicel, Ericsson, Microsoft, Millicom, Nokia and Telefónica to Take the Stage at the Regional Event in Colombia
London: The GSMA today provided further details on the upcoming 2017 Mobile 360 Series – Latin America conference, which will be held 31 October – 2 November in Bogotá, Colombia. The conference will highlight the latest technology trends and business models shaping the mobile industry across Latin America, including the Internet of Things, financial inclusion and mobile money, future networks and 5G, policy and mobile’s contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
“Mobile is at the very centre of innovation in Latin America, particularly as startups and small and medium enterprises digitalise their businesses,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Mobile 360 – Latin America will convene industry experts, policymakers and decision makers from across the ecosystem to discuss the key drivers for this innovation and explore how mobile can boost Latin American economies.”
Additional Executives Confirmed to Speak
The GSMA announced a dozen additional speakers participating in the conference programme, including:
- Minister David Luna, Ministry of Information and Communications Technology, Republic of Colombia
- Luis Malvido, Executive Director HISPAM South, Telefónica
- Minor Samayoa, CEO, Digicel El Salvador
- Carlos Rozo, Director General, Apps.co
- Andrés Quintero, Colombia Country Manager, Ericsson
- Mariano Amartino, LATAM Startups Director, Microsoft
- Rachel Samrén, EVP, Chief External Affairs Officer, Millicom
- Rodrigo Diehl, EVP, Chief Strategy Officer, Millicom
- Osvaldo di Campli, Latin America President, Nokia
- Martin Wessel, Head of Technology Evolution, Telecom Personal Argentina
- Leslie Jarrin, Managing Director – Ecuador, ThoughtWorks
- Belén Sanz, Permanent Representative, UN Women Colombia
These executives are the latest to join a strong roster of senior leaders from organisations across Latin America, including:
- Edgar Salas, CEO, AZLOGICA
- Paulo César Teixeira, CEO, Claro Brasil
- Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA
- Sebastian Cabello, Head of Latin America, GSMA
- Mauricio Ramos, CEO, Millicom
- Marcelo Cataldo, CEO, Tigo Colombia
- Bibiana Aído, Permanent Representative, UN Women Ecuador and Former Minister for Equality in Spain
Alongside the conference, the regional event will also feature several themed seminars and workshops, including the ”GSMA Latin America Strategy and Innovation Forum”.
Spectrum and Policy Forum
Within Mobile 360 – Latin America, the Spectrum and Policy Forum on Tuesday, 31 October will highlight the growing adoption of 4G networks in the region, as well as the technology and policy requirements needed for the future deployment of 5G networks and services.. The forum will feature many high-level speakers including:
- Daniel Bernal Salazar, Deputy Chair, Director of Regulatory Affairs, América Móvil
- Santiago Pardo, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Relations, América Móvil
- Martha Suarez, Director General, ANE Colombia
- Oscar Leon, Executive Secretary, CITEL
- Mario Maniewicz, Deputy Director, International Telecommunication Union’s Radiocommunication Bureau
- Alejandro Quiroga Lopez, Directror Legal and Public Affairs, Telecom Argentina
- José Juan Haro, Director for Regulatory Affairs and Wholesale Business Latin America, Telefónica
Mobile Ecosystem Supporting the SDGs
Taking place on Wednesday, 1 November, the “Mobile Ecosystem Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals” seminar will showcase best practices for child online protection, disaster response and climate action, among other topics, with the following participating experts:
- Jeffrey Villaveces, Head of the Colombia Information Management and Analysis Unit
- Wilmer Caripe, Head of Search and Assistant Partnerships, LATAM, Google
- Mauricio Arce León, Corporate Responsibility Manager Latin America, Millicom
- Melanie Wilneder, Senior Key Account Manager, South Pole Group
- Marcelo Ber, Business & Children’s Rights Focal Point, UNICEF Latin America
New Sponsor for Mobile 360 – Latin America
BICS has recently signed on as a Silver Sponsor, joining previously confirmed supporters TigoUne (Host Sponsor), Amdocs (Silver Sponsor) and Huawei (Mobile 360 Series Global Industry Supporter).
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Latin America
Registration for Mobile 360 – Latin America is currently open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/attend/attendee-registration/. For more information on Mobile 360 – Latin America, visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/.
Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Latin America on Twitter, using the #M360LATAM hashtag or following @GSMALatam and @GSMAEvents, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+54 (9)11 3251 9811
+44 20 7067 0749
GSMA Press Office