Mobile Leaders, Tech Experts and Policymakers Will Convene in Buenos Aires to Discuss Applications of 5G, IoT and AI, and their Expected Impact on Businesses and Society
Buenos Aires: For the first time, the GSMA will hold its Mobile 360 Series – Latin America in Buenos Aires. The regional leading event will take place on 4 – 6 December 2018 in the Cultural Centre Usina del Arte, convening senior leaders from mobile operators, tech companies, government agencies and the startup ecosystem. This year’s edition will place a particular focus on the opportunities unlocked by 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI), the challenges of implementing these technologies in the region and the foreseeable impact on the lives of consumers.
“Latin America has huge potential to take leadership in the changing digital economy and mobile has a key role to play in this process,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We are excited to bring together operators, regulators and key stakeholders from all across the region to discuss how mobile can help economies and communities take off.”
High Level line-up Confirmed for Main Conference
Mobile 360 Series – Latin America’s roster of speakers includes more CEOs than any other telecom event in the region. Executives and officers confirmed to take the stage include:
- Andrés Ibarra, Deputy Chief of Cabinet and Government Secretary of Modernization of Argentina
- Hector Huici, Secretary of Information and Communication Technologies of Argentina
- Raúl Martínez, Vice-Chairman, ARSAT
- Karim Lesina, Senior Vice President, International External & Regulatory Affairs, AT&T
- Julio Carlos Porras, CEO, Claro Argentina, Paraguay y Uruguay
- Raúl Aníbal Pereira Sánchez, Commissioner, CONATEL Paraguay
- Manuel Abelleyra, Southern Region President, DirecTV
- Silvana Giudici, President, ENACOM Argentina
- Manuel Araya, VP Public Policy, Entel Chile
- Eduardo Castanon, Head of Networks – CU South America, Ericsson
- Joao Mesquita, CEO, GloboPlay
- Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA
- Silvio Pegado, Head of Business Development, Messaging, Google Latin America
- Kevin Xu, Head, Wireless Marketing Division, Huawei
- Marcelo Bertolami, General Manager, Intel
- Osvaldo di Campli, President Latin America, Nokia
- Juan Pablo Calvo, CEO, Nuevatel Bolivia
- Carlos Moltini, CEO, Telecom Argentina
- Andrea Folgueiras, CTIO, Telefónica Hispanoamérica
- Nicolás Cendoya, Director, URSEC Uruguay
Alongside the conference, the event will also feature side sessions and workshops. The Latin America Strategy & Innovation Forum (LSIF) will meet to discuss digital disruption in the telecommunications industry. There will also be a roundtable on “Closing the Digital Gender Gap”, which will bring together organizations and experts that have worked together under the framework of Women 20 (W20), the official engagement group of the G20 advocating gender equality.
New For 2018: 4YFN and #BetterFuture Stage
For the first time, the 4YFN Startup Zone will premiere at the Mobile 360 Series – Latin America to support startups, investors and companies in connecting and launching new business ventures together. This year’s edition will also feature the debut of the #BetterFuture Stage, displaying startup pitches, live demos and insightful case studies relevant for the region.
Operator Members to Meet at Plenary Meeting #47
On 6 December, Mobile 360 – Latin America will host the Plenary Meeting #47, the second meeting of all GSMA Latin America’s working groups in 2018. In these invitation-only sessions, operators’ expert community will get together to discuss in depth the many technical, regulatory and commercial aspects of mobile services. GSMA Latin America has four operator-led Working Groups: Regulatory (REGU), Security & Fraud (SEGF), Technical & Terminals (TECT) and Wholesale Agreements and Solutions (WASL).
Mobile 360 – Latin America Event Sponsors
The event is organized with the support of the Secretary of Modernization of Argentina, with Host Sponsors including Claro Argentina, Movistar and Personal, and AT&T as Industry Sponsor.
Get involved at Mobile 360 – Latin America
Registration for Mobile 360 – Latin America is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/attend/attendee-registration/. For more information on Mobile 360 – Latin America, visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america.
Follow the latest updates on Mobile 360 – Latin America on Twitter using the hashtag #M360LATAM and following @GSMALatam and @GSMAEvents, and on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/showcase/gsmalatam
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
GSMA Latin America is the branch of the GSMA in the region. For more information in English, Spanish and Portuguese, please visit www.gsmala.com. Follow GSMA Latin America on Twitter @GSMALatam and Linkedin www.linkedin.com/showcase/gsmalatam.
For the GSMA
+55 11 95210 2225
GSMA Press Office