The premier industry event of the Americas returns to showcase innovations in ‘Connected Impact’ at the Los Angeles Convention Center from October 26-28
14 October 2021, Los Angeles: The GSMA today announced details for MWC Los Angeles 2021, including event highlights and keynote speakers. In partnership with the CTIA, the theme of this year’s event is Connected Impact. The program will explore the technologies shaping our world: the 5G Era, IoT Connectivity, Telco Cloud and, Disruptive Innovation. Registration is now open.
Industry-leading brands, policymakers, investors, telecom operators and, more will come together at this must-attend industry event to encourage thought leadership, discover ground-breaking innovations, and connect with the ecosystems decision-makers. GSMA also announces that IBM will join long-time GSMA members, T-Mobile, and Verizon, as a lead event sponsor and the official Event Network Automation Partner. T-Mobile will be the official Event Mobile Partner and, Verizon will be the official Event 5G Partner.
“We are thrilled to build on the success of our 2021 Shanghai and Barcelona events. I think the program brings together some of the brightest minds in mobile technology in the Americas,” said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd. “Circumstances over the last year and a half have proven that connectivity is more important than ever. MWC Los Angeles provides a valuable opportunity for attendees to reconnect, rebuild and reimagine – in-person – how the industry can work together to create a more connected world.”
MWC Los Angeles 2021 Conference
The MWC Los Angeles conference program will include compelling keynotes from CEOs, thought leaders, and world-class exhibitors from the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industry sectors. Over 250 companies will participate, including Accenture, Amazon Web Services, AMD, Amdocs, Boingo Wireless, Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies, Etisalat, Facebook, Kyndryl, IBM, Intel, JMA Wireless, Mavenir, Mobileum, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Ooredoo, Palo Alto Networks, Parallel Wireless, Qualcomm, Red Hat, Samsung Electronics, ServiceNow, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Vodafone Business among others.
The event will also feature focused deep-dive summits including “Edge Summit” sponsored by Intel, “eSIM Summit” sponsored by KORE, Kigen, Valid, LotusFlare and Thales and “OpenRAN” sponsored by Parallel Wireless and Mavenir. In addition, DASpedia will co-locate their 5G Congress PropTech conference with MWCLA21. CTIA will again host its “Everything Policy” track, bringing U.S. policymakers and key wireless industry stakeholders together to discuss trends and developments in government and public policy.
GSMA’s multi-layered health and safety plan, Committed Community, means the global mobile ecosystem can come together safely for networking, collaborating, and deal-making.
Keynotes Speakers & Thought Leaders
The global leaders who will keynote as part of MWC Los Angeles’ conference program include:
- David Christopher, Executive Vice President and General Manager, AT&T
- Mike Finley, CEO, Boingo
- Mike Pollitt, CSO, Boston Dynamics
- Meredith Attwell Baker, President and CEO, CTIA
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Rob High, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, IBM Edge Computing
- Romil Bahl, President and Chief Executive Officer, KORE
- Gillian Zucker, President of Business Operations, LA Clippers
- Erik Greupner, CEO, San Diego Padres
- Neville R. Ray, President of Technology, T-Mobile
- Sampath Sowmyanarayan, Chief Revenue Officer, Verizon
In addition to the keynote program, the MWC Los Angeles conference will offer a series of sessions under four main themes exploring how to unlock the full power of connectivity across industries so that people, industry, and society thrive. Topic breakouts include:
- The 5G Era: mmWave, OpenRAN, v-RAN and CBRS
- IoT Connectivity: Connected cities and spaces, Connected industry, and Connected consumer
- The Telco Cloud: New business models, Edge, Public cloud, and Network cloudification (SDN, NFV, and 5G-ME)
- Disruptive innovation: Future network generations, Inclusivity & ethical technology, Robotics, and Future of healthcare
Over 120 experts and industry leaders are confirmed to speak in the conference sessions represent a wide range of industries, including mobile, robotics, cloud, and sports:
- Don McGuire, Chief Marketing Officer, Qualcomm
- Lee Klarich, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Palo Alto Networks
- James Kimery, Vice President of Marketing, Spirent Communications
- Maryam Rofougaran, Co-CEO, COO/Founder, Movandi
- Robert Sabastian, Co-Founder, Forward
- Biiju Nair, President, Global Connected Living, Assurant
- Juho Sarvikas, VP and President, North America, Rakuten Symphony
- Katie Duffy, Director, Facebook IQ
- Dean Phillips, Worldwide Technical Leader for Automotive, Amazon Web Services
Learn more about the leaders who will guide the conversation on Connected Impact at MWC Los Angeles.
Connected Impact Partners
Our partner events provide thought leadership sessions exploring The 5G Era, IoT Connectivity, Telco Cloud and, Disruptive Innovation. We welcome 6WIND S.A., Accuver, BICS, GetWireless, HCL America’s, Mobileum, Radisys, Siradel, TESSCO, Vodafone Business, and Xilinx.
GSMA Presents a Member-Exclusive Show
The GSMA Wholesale Agreements and Solutions Group (WAS) can enjoy the benefits of a GSMA exclusive show at MWC Los Angeles. The session will present industry insight and impacts on roaming from the present through to the plans. Experts will engage the audience in discussions around the Edge Cloud & Operator Platform, 2G/3G Sunset & VoLTE, 5G & Network Slicing, MIoT, the Billing and Charging Evolution, and Roaming Hubbing.
Get Involved in MWC Los Angeles
The industry will convene from October 26-28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center to create Connected Impact for a thriving society. More information on MWC Los Angeles 2021, including how to attend, exhibit, or sponsor, is available at www.mwclosangeles.com. Follow developments and updates on Twitter @MWCHub using #MWCLA21, on our LinkedIn MWC page https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/mwclosangeles and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MWCLosAngeles.
– ENDS –
The GSMA is a global organisation unifying the mobile ecosystem to discover, develop and deliver innovation foundational to positive business environments and societal change. Our vision is to unlock the full power of connectivity so that people, industry, and society thrive. Representing mobile operators and organisations across the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industries, the GSMA delivers for its members across three broad pillars: Connectivity for Good, Industry Services and Solutions, and Outreach. This activity includes advancing policy, tackling today’s biggest societal challenges, underpinning the technology and interoperability that make mobile work, and providing the world’s largest platform to convene the mobile ecosystem at the MWC and M360 series of events.
We invite you to find out more at gsma.com
GSMA Press Office