- Curious how #mobile assists #development? Experience the #M4D #RuralVillage at Mobile World Congress 2017:… https://t.co/FL3fvGzhdN https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/823526996659568640
- What are the #legal considerations for #startups & #MNOs while partnering on projects? Read our latest report:… https://t.co/8y053gQgIe https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/823496788091031552
- .@Elainegrunewald on how the #mobile industry is creating impact with the Humanitarian Connectivity Charter: https://t.co/R02TW5ftJY #WEF17https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/823470838481555456
- RT @GSMA: Watch #GSMA DG @MatsGranryd speak at #WEF17 press conference on public-private cooperation for humanitarian payments https://t.co …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/822502269568634881
- .@RefugeesChief discusses the importance of #mobile connectivity to modern #refugees https://t.co/wzwIQPaJaU #Davos… https://t.co/xRpTSjyzTv https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/822465545299783684
Mobile for Development Utilities Programme
Unlocking access to essential utility services through mobile
Our mission is to unlock commercially sustainable business models that leverage mobile to deliver affordable and improved energy, water and sanitation services in emerging markets.
In emerging markets, many people cannot access basic utility services that are essential to life. The reach of mobile connectivity is greater than the reach of basic utility services, such as electricity and improved water and sanitation services.
The Mobile for Development Utilities Programme promotes the use of mobile networks, infrastructure and payment systems to open new pathways for affordable and reliable utility services to reach the underserved. These innovations for service delivery boost industry and economic growth, for example by enabling entrepreneurial phone charging services in remote areas, or reducing water service providers’ losses from water leakage or uncollected bills.
M4D Utilities seeks to drive the use of mobile to improve or increase access to basic utility services through the following activities:
- Innovation Fund
- Knowledge sharing and convening
- Technical advisory to mobile operators
- Market building
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
The latest Insight Report from M4D Utilities explores the fast growing use of mobile to create Pay As You Go ...Read more
This study is the last in a series of four reports and focuses on the potential for mobile-enabled water ...Read more
In this video, we explain what the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities (M4D Utilities) programme does and ...Read more
The Mobile for Development Utilities Annual Report highlights the transformational role of mobile in ...Read more
We often hear from entrepreneurs about the challenges they face during fundraising. To help entrepreneurs, ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Elliot Whittington, from the University of Cambridge, who co-hosted an event with ...Read more
On 19 November, World Toilet Day reminded us that 2.4 billion people, or one in three people worldwide, ...Read more