- Telenor Health's Tonic has reached 2.8 million users in nine months. Hear CEO @SajidRepublic discuss product scale… https://t.co/5ZhRU1SlBu https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/835504813651734528
- Learn more about the progress of the #ConnectedWomen Commitment initiative at our drinks reception:… https://t.co/J5QLgpRNTz https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/835477009895735297
- Do you have a business model that can help reach #SDG6 or #SDG7 using mobile? Apply to #M4DUtilitiesInnovationFund:… https://t.co/uwFd7NhhPo https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/835429272110116865
- Read about how @Zain is working to assist #refugees and displaced people: https://t.co/1QvMtjtbBP #M4D https://t.co/aICtBWx5Ht https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/835164969729732609
- Are you coming to #MWC17 and working to close the #mobile gender gap? Join us at our networking reception:… https://t.co/aHhya2dPkn https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/835153600456310784
Mobile for Development Utilities Programme
Unlocking access to essential utility services through mobile
Our mission is to unlock commercially sustainable business models that leverage mobile to deliver affordable and improved energy, water and sanitation services in emerging markets.
In emerging markets, many people cannot access basic utility services that are essential to life. The reach of mobile connectivity is greater than the reach of basic utility services, such as electricity and improved water and sanitation services.
The Mobile for Development Utilities Programme promotes the use of mobile networks, infrastructure and payment systems to open new pathways for affordable and reliable utility services to reach the underserved. These innovations for service delivery boost industry and economic growth, for example by enabling entrepreneurial phone charging services in remote areas, or reducing water service providers’ losses from water leakage or uncollected bills.
M4D Utilities seeks to drive the use of mobile to improve or increase access to basic utility services through the following activities:
- Innovation Fund
- Knowledge sharing and convening
- Technical advisory to mobile operators
- Market building
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
The latest Insight Report from M4D Utilities explores the fast growing use of mobile to create Pay As You Go ...Read more
This study is the last in a series of four reports and focuses on the potential for mobile-enabled water ...Read more
In this video, we explain what the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities (M4D Utilities) programme does and ...Read more
The Mobile for Development Utilities Annual Report highlights the transformational role of mobile in ...Read more
Are you an Innovator interested in leveraging mobile to improve access to basic utilities? Are you a Mobile ...Read more
Emerging from the convergence of innovations around the Internet of Things, cloud computing and mobile ...Read more
We often hear from entrepreneurs about the challenges they face during fundraising. To help entrepreneurs, ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Elliot Whittington, from the University of Cambridge, who co-hosted an event with ...Read more