- RT @VodacomTanzania: A partnership with Technoserve and USAID helped Vodacom reach 50,000 farmers across Tz giving them knowledge to financ…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/758314809247039488
- RT @VodacomTanzania: Panel discussion at #M360Africa now- Unlocking financial Inclusion for the rural segment. #M360Africa #HapaKasiTu http…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/758314743455182849
- RT @VodacomTanzania: 80% of the Tanzanian population engage in farming as primary source of income- Noel Mazoya #M360Africa #HapaKasiTuhttps://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/758314671883554816
- RT @SophieYVE: Varied insights from @GSMAm4d Utilities grantees on customers, partnerships & learnings in solar energy & water ☀️💧 https://…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/758313588566192128
- RT @NaghaviNika: A great turn out to our interactive customer journey with a gender lens #M360Africa #connectedwomen @GSMAm4d https://t.co/ …https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/758313080883449857
Mobile for Development Utilities Programme
Unlocking access to essential utility services through mobile
Our mission is to unlock commercially sustainable business models that leverage mobile to deliver affordable and improved energy, water and sanitation services in emerging markets.
In emerging markets, many people cannot access basic utility services that are essential to life. The reach of mobile connectivity is greater than the reach of basic utility services, such as electricity and improved water and sanitation services.
The Mobile for Development Utilities Programme promotes the use of mobile networks, infrastructure and payment systems to open new pathways for affordable and reliable utility services to reach the underserved. These innovations for service delivery boost industry and economic growth, for example by enabling entrepreneurial phone charging services in remote areas, or reducing water service providers’ losses from water leakage or uncollected bills.
M4D Utilities seeks to drive the use of mobile to improve or increase access to basic utility services through the following activities:
- Innovation Fund
- Knowledge sharing and convening
- Technical advisory to mobile operators
- Market building
The Mobile for Development Utilities Annual Report highlights the transformational role of mobile in ...Read more
Development Workshop Angola and their technology partner SeeSaw received a Seed grant from the M4D Utilities ...Read more
In 2015, 663 million people worldwide still lacked access to improved drinking water, in the form of piped or ...Read more
This study, carried out by GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities and Etisalat, explores the opportunity for ...Read more
EcoEnergyFinance (EEF) received a Seed grant from the M4D Utilities Innovation Fund in January 2014 to ...Read more
Private Sector & Philanthropy Can Unlock Seismic Change DFID & GSMA Strategic Partnership for Mobile Technology
This blog was co-authored by Magdalena Banasiak, the Senior Innovation Adviser in DFID’s Research and ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Davidi Vortman, CEO and co-founder of Lumos, an off-grid renewable energy provider ...Read more
Case Study 10: Development Workshop Angola – Missed calls for monitoring community water services In 2013, ...Read more