- Relevant #content and inexpensive #handset #devices will boost #3G penetration in rural #Tanzania says Ian Ferrao M… https://t.co/AMJPBfbCeS https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/846640599159750656
- UCSAF played a pivotal role in supporting @airtel_Tanzania @Tigo_TZ and @VodacomTanzania in setting up #3G pilot si… https://t.co/lHL1GimW6J https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/846331073676165120
- @Tigo_GT has committed to closing the digital gender by signing up to the #ConnectedWomen Commitment Initiative:… https://t.co/CIBbJpmJ3P https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/846285866708455425
- RT @GEMReport: Mobiles may be the only way for students to access digital content & the digital world in many countries #MLW2017 https://t.…https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/845315027288686592
- Our #mAgri team explore the key factors for #agribusinesses in #digitising agri payments via #mobilemoney in… https://t.co/ZCWXOsYe6O https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/845289635572056065
Mobile for Development Utilities Programme
Unlocking access to essential utility services through mobile
Our mission is to unlock commercially sustainable business models that leverage mobile to deliver affordable and improved energy, water and sanitation services in emerging markets.
In emerging markets, many people cannot access basic utility services that are essential to life. The reach of mobile connectivity is greater than the reach of basic utility services, such as electricity and improved water and sanitation services.
The Mobile for Development Utilities Programme promotes the use of mobile networks, infrastructure and payment systems to open new pathways for affordable and reliable utility services to reach the underserved. These innovations for service delivery boost industry and economic growth, for example by enabling entrepreneurial phone charging services in remote areas, or reducing water service providers’ losses from water leakage or uncollected bills.
M4D Utilities seeks to drive the use of mobile to improve or increase access to basic utility services through the following activities:
- Innovation Fund – open for applications
- Knowledge sharing and convening
- Technical advisory to mobile operators
- Market building
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
The latest Insight Report from M4D Utilities explores the fast growing use of mobile to create Pay As You Go ...Read more
This study is the last in a series of four reports and focuses on the potential for mobile-enabled water ...Read more
In this video, we explain what the GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities (M4D Utilities) programme does and ...Read more
The Mobile for Development Utilities Annual Report highlights the transformational role of mobile in ...Read more
Today there are still over 663 million people living without access to a safe water supply, disrupting their ...Read more
Mobile technologies are increasingly becoming ubiquitous across the developing world: out of the 4.8 billion ...Read more
This is a guest blog by Md. Rakib Uddin, Senior Sector Specialist. Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), ...Read more
Are you an Innovator interested in leveraging mobile to improve access to basic utilities? Are you a Mobile ...Read more