Where: Moscone Center (South), Level 2 room 216. [Area Map]
14:00 – 14:15 Assemble
14:15 – 14:25 Welcome and Introduction
- It’s not just about superfast mobile broadband
Head of Future Network Programme, GSMA
14:25 – 14:40 PRESENTATION – Collaborative initiative to enable 5G Network Slicing
- How and why the requirement?
- Why a collaborative initiative?
- The road to standardising Network Slicing.
Senior Project Manager, Deutsche Telekom
(Chair of GSMA Network Slicing Task Force)
14:40 – 14:55 PRESENTATION – Flexibility offered by Network and Application Platform Slicing
- Creating infrastructure “Green Field” opportunities
- Creating additional supplier options while lessening fears of vendor lock-in
- Options to consider while we wait for 5G
Technical Architect, Wireless Network Architecture and Design, AT&T
14:55 – 15:10 PRESENTATION – 5G Network Slicing: business models and network capabilities
- What new opportunities 5G can offer to the industries
- What 5G capabilities should be shared to industries?
- What are the key technologies and priorities?
Senior Specialist Mobile Core Standards & Architecture, Nokia
15:10 – 15:25 PRESENTATION – Enabling Industries by building trusted networks
- How Network Slicing offers customized secured private networks?
- Will customers pay more for a better experience?
Head of 5G Strategy & Partnerships, Gemalto
15:25 – 15:40 PRESENTATION – Empowering enterprise use cases through slices
- Compartmentalizing the mobile core to meet enterprise use cases
- Enabling the new operation model
- Creating value by empowering IT leaders to manage mobility services?
Humberto J. La Roche
Principal Engineer at Chief Technology and Architecture Office, Cisco
15:40 – 16:20 INDUSTRY PANEL
This session will cover the following topics, with each member of the panel sharing their prospective, followed by audience Q&A.
- What is the role of mobile network operator in industries today and tomorrow?
- A common network or a virtualised dedicated network?
- How can the industry-specific service re-shape the MNOs in the future?
16:20 – 16:30 Q&A
We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!