Latin America Event to Showcase Innovation Across the Mobile Ecosystem
London: The GSMA today provided further details on the upcoming 2016 Mobile 360 Series – Latin America conference, which will be held 20-22 September in Mexico City. The GSMA announced that it has confirmed more than a dozen additional speakers participating in the conference programme, as well as companies and GSMA programmes that will be hosting demonstrations as part of the “Innovation Showcase”.
“Mobile is spurring innovation across the entire Latin America region, and this will be reflected throughout the Mobile 360 – Latin America conference, the showcase and in co-located events and meetings,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Attendees will have the opportunity to explore the key issues impacting their business today and into the future, whether that’s the evolution of next-generation networks or the growth of the Internet of Things.”
Additional Executives Confirmed to Speak
The Mobile 360 – Latin America conference will highlight the latest technology trends and business models shaping the mobile industry, through keynotes including “The State of the Industry”, “The Connected Car”, and “NFV and the Road to 5G”, as well as sessions focusing on topics ranging from mobile identity to mobile money to the content ecosystem in Latin America. A number of executives and industry experts have been added to the Mobile 360 – Latin America programme, including:
- Karim Antonio Lesina, Vice President, International External Affairs, AT&T
- Mark Thomas, Head of Connected Car Product Marketing, Cisco Jasper
- José Ayala, Head of Government and Industry Relations for Latin America, Ericsson
- Patrick Joggerst, Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, GENBAND
- Todd Parker, Business Development, Messaging, Google
- Qiu Heng, President, Wireless Network Marketing Operations, Huawei
- Steve Polsky, Founder and CEO, Juvo
- Fabiano Lobo, CEO, Mobile Marketing Association
- Jesús Benitez, MD, Mexico, Teads.tv
- Ana Segurado, Global Director, Telefónica Open Future
- Leandro Bennaton, CSO, Terra Networks
- Marcelo Licht, Executive Vice President, Americas, TransferTo
- Stefan Stefanson, Regional Chief of Partnerships Latin America & Caribbean, UNICEF
These executives are the latest to join an impressive roster of speakers that features the CEOs of leading mobile operators across Latin America, including:
- Daniel Hajj Aboumrad, CEO, América Móvil
- Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO, AT&T Mexico
- Mauricio Ramos, CEO, Millicom
- Carlos Morales Paulin, CEO, Telefónica Mexico
Underlining this year’s focus on innovation, the conference will also feature a “Spotlight on Innovation” session, with a panel discussion of venture capitalists, investors and industry experts sharing their views on what makes a successful telecommunications venture today. Four Latin American start-ups will pitch their companies to the expert panel and the audience, with the winner gaining the opportunity speak at Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona. Start-up executives participating in this session include:
- Stefan Gromoll, CEO and Co-Founder, DOTGO
- Daniel Guevara, CEO, Iotnet Mexico
- Leonardo Valente, Technology and Innovation Officer, LivePanel
- Salvador J. Zorrilla, Founder and CEO, Smart City Lynk
Mobile 360 – Latin America will also include the “Innovation Showcase” where attendees can experience the latest in mobile technology first-hand through demonstrations from start-up companies including DOTGO, Iotnet, LivePanel and Smart City Lynk, from sponsors NewNet Communication Technologies and Taqua, and from GSMA programmes including Connected Living, Network 2020 and Personal Data, among others.
Mobile 360 – Latin America Event Sponsors and Media Partners
Sponsors and partners for the event include América Móvil and Telcel (Host Sponsors); AT&T (Platinum Sponsor); Huawei (Global Industry Supporter); Ericsson and Telefónica (Gold Sponsors); and Amdocs, BICS, Digital Turbine, Planetary Power and Syniverse (Silver Sponsors). Supporting Partners include BIT Magazine, Convergencia Latina, Frecuencia Latinoamérica, Grupo Eletrolar, Inversor Latam, M2Commerce LATAM News, Mediatelecom, Silicon Week, TeleSemana.com and TyN Magazine.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Latin America
The 2016 GSMA Mobile 360 Series – Latin America is the fourth in a series of seven industry-focused events held in major cities across the world. For more information, including how to attend, visit www.mobile360series.com/latin-america/. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Latin America on Twitter, using the #m360LatAm hashtag or following @GSMA, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
Tatiana Cantoni (Brazil)
+ 55 11 95210-2225
GSMA 360 Press Office