APAC Security Interest Group Webinar
Introducing the APAC Security Interest Group
- Why share security intelligence?
- What security intelligence is available?
- How to use it?
The GSMA APAC Security Interest Group (SIG) is to meet the needs of the network operators and the mobile industry ecosystem to share resources, experience and knowledge.
GSMA is uniquely placed to convene the industry’s security ecosystem.
- We aim to inform, educate and alert regional MNOs about the latest developments in the network security and cyber security domains with real-time and zero-day vulnerability alerts, webinars, newsletters and meetings/events.
- Within the APAC SIG we will bring together regional MNO security professionals, GSMA Security Team subject matter experts, independent security experts, training and consulting firms, equipment vendors and service providers to offer expert guidance on various aspects of network and cybersecurity.
- We encourage MNO security team members to contribute their personal experience and knowhow to the community.
In this first webinar, you will learn about security intelligence resources and the future plans for the APAC security Interest Group. Topics include:
1. GSMA Telecommunications Information Sharing and Analysis Centre – we will hear from Leonie Lewis
- How sharing the telecom threat intelligence enhances security for everyone?
- How to use T-ISAC, contributing and using the information sharing hub?
- A short introduction to the GSMA Security Team and other GSMA services provided to the industry.
2. Cybersecurity Help – will introduce their real-time and zero-day software vulnerability monitoring and tracking service. Valeri Marchuk will describe
- How intensive monitoring of the software industry news feeds and other sources lets them identify up-to-the-moment threats and vulnerabilities to networks and enterprise infrastructure?
- How MNOs and enterprises can use this information to mitigate threats, install updates and patches?
- Lenoi Lewis, Senior T-ISAC Manager, GSMA
- Valeri Marchuk, Founder, Cybersecurity-Help.cz
Head of Technology, APAC, GSMA
David Turkington is the Head of Technology for the GSMA Asia Pacific. David is responsible for driving the technology direction of the GSMA across the APAC region and working with its membership to execute key technology initiatives. Prior to joining the GSMA, David held senior positions in companies including Pixel Networks, Ericsson, SmarTone, Nokia and British Telecom. David is a Chartered Engineer and member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Senior T-ISAC Manager, GSMA
Leonie Lewis is the GSMA Senior Telecommunications – Information Sharing Analysis Center (T-ISAC) Manager, responsible for facilitating and improving processes for cybersecurity threat-related information sharing in the global mobile ecosystem. This member-driven initiative is essential for the advancement of cybersecurity in the telecommunications industry.
Prior to GSMA, Leonie was the Senior Threat Intelligence Lead at Inmarsat and representative for information sharing with internal stakeholders, as well as global government, law enforcement and several ISAC communities.
Leonie has also held various roles in Law Enforcement; notably, as part of City of London Police (CoLP) Cyber Protect Network that links with the Regional Organised Crime Units throughout the UK.