- We've had some great conversations about the @GSMA Capacity Building programme at #CANTO2017. Visit our stand today… https://t.co/SwvH2x8YBu https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/887334873438048258
- Dr Veena participated on a panel entitled "Can Telcos take Advantage of the Disruptive Digital Economy?" during… https://t.co/a5sY0URYjt https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/887244083273641989
- Mobile telecoms CEOs voice concerns about #spectrum awarding in the EU #DigitalSingleMarket #TelecomsCouncil:… https://t.co/9nbWX9Fo1e https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/886892872015937536
- Our Senior Policy Manager Jade Nester took part in the Reliability of Networks and Devices for Digital Services se… https://t.co/plDE5nLt61 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885810463849762816
- We've had some great conversations with regulators & policymakers at #ITUGSR. If you haven't talked to us yet visi… https://t.co/h3TjR8ZgDR https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885497724090580994
- Predictable & transparent regulation leads to an enabling environment that has a real impact on #broadband says Doy… https://t.co/416IeejvQA https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885464828202164225
- His excellency Emery Ndjovu, ICT Minister, “the #DRC is devising ways to incentivise #investment in #ICT”… https://t.co/ftXTbST47D https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885463527204548608
- With regards to economically sustainable network expansion, sometimes the goals & regulatory approaches are inconsistent. #ConnectedSocietyhttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885459134270885888
- John Giusti, @GSMA CRO says the only reasonable way to reach people in some countries is through mobile.… https://t.co/xRblBWukhT https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885458571718164480
- Senior #Policy Manager, Jade Nester will be taking part in the Reliability of #Networks and Devices for Digital Services session @ITU #GSR17https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/885424813438754816
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.